Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers DHCP Issue Possibly due to Hardware Clock? Post 303005086 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 12th of October 2017 02:01:21 PM
Old 10-12-2017
You could try using the date command to write the date to a file at shutdown and letting date set the date to what was recorded in that file at boot time before the network comes up.
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware (BIOS) clock

Guys could you please tell me which appropriate command is used to set hardware (BIOS) clock so that the system keeps time when it reboots & how it's used. I use Linux Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph kembo
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to reset the hardware clock

Hi all Hi could anyone tell me how i can set the Hardware Clock to the System Time, and set the System Time from the Hardware Clock. i am using RHEL 4.0. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

not able to Send mail due to Security Issue

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from my application through SMTP in solaris 9 but unable to send a mail.Same code is able to send mail in Windows. As unix has more security,So as per me,it is due to security reason.. So please let me know what I need to do to send a mail properly. what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment issue due to day light saving

The date increment worked fine until date reached 25/10, which is DLS change date. /bin/date --date="091025 1 day" +%y%m%d; the output is 091025 Is this a bug or something missing from the code ! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbravo
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

DHCP config issue?

I searched the forum and found a similar question (https://www.unix.com/ip-networking/119108-dhcpd-related-questions.html), but my config is already utilizing the suggested fix... :( My setup: eth0 connected to Motorola DSL Modem via bridged mode (giving the public IP to the interface), IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macwunder
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help in fixing the hangup issue due to nohup command

Hi All, I am very new to unix and to this forum.Suggest me a solution in fixing the below issue. Actually ia m executing java program through script. The command is like java pgm & The above cmd runs the java program continuous as a background thread. This script is executed from a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the two ways the hardware clock can be configured under Linux?

What are the two ways the hardware clock can be configured under Linux? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Due to hardware crash the linux server /sda5 var partation is not able to mount.

Hello Folks, My RHEL 4.3 server got crashed due to hardware crash,system hard disk and motherboard replaced and RAID rebuilt done. while rebooting the server the server is gone into single user mode due to /sda5 var partition not able to mount. Error :- " wrong fs type, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print and set the date SYNOPSIS
date [-nu] [-d dst] [-t timezone] [yymmddhhmm [.ss] ] DESCRIPTION
If no arguments are given, the current date and time are printed. Providing an argument will set the desired date; only the superuser can set the date. The -d and -t flags set the kernel's values for daylight savings time and minutes west of GMT. If dst is non-zero, future calls to gettimeofday(2) will return a non-zero tz_dsttime. Timezone provides the number of minutes returned by future calls to gettimeof- day(2) in tz_minuteswest. The -u flag is used to display or set the date in GMT (universal) time. yy represents the last two digits of the year; the first mm is the month number; dd is the day number; hh is the hour number (24 hour system); the second mm is the minute num- ber; .ss is optional and represents the seconds. For example: date 8506131627 sets the date to June 13 1985, 4:27 PM. The year, month and day may be omitted; the default values will be the current ones. The system operates in GMT. Date takes care of the conversion to and from local standard and daylight-saving time. If timed(8) is running to synchronize the clocks of machines in a local area network, date sets the time globally on all those machines unless the -n option is given. FILES
/usr/adm/wtmp to record time-setting. In /usr/adm/messages, date records the name of the user setting the time. SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), utmp(5), timed(8), TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD, R. Gusella and S. Zatti DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 on success, 1 on complete failure to set the date, and 2 on successfully setting the local date but failing globally. Occasionally, when timed synchronizes the time on many hosts, the setting of a new time value may require more than a few seconds. On these occasions, date prints: `Network time being set'. The message `Communication error with timed' occurs when the communication between date and timed fails. BUGS
The system attempts to keep the date in a format closely compatible with VMS. VMS, however, uses local time (rather than GMT) and does not understand daylight-saving time. Thus, if you use both UNIX and VMS, VMS will be running on GMT. 4th Berkeley Distribution March 24, 1987 DATE(1)