Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Read a file and send mail based on grep Post 303004522 by Corona688 on Tuesday 3rd of October 2017 04:58:37 PM
Old 10-03-2017
Code:
jobdefn wat_job | grep -q RU && echo "message" | mailx

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail in unix--Please read the description

Hi frnds, I want to send 3 csv files as attachement in unix server how do i do this. Following is the steps which i need to follow: 1.Shell script sets the environment variables 2.Shell script calls a C++ executable NOTE:This executable will generate 3 csv files 3.After the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail based on a group

Hello Gurus, I have a question. I have a file which has 2 columns and is tab separated and looks like below: FIELD1 FIELD2 Manual m456@hotmail.com Execution din098@gmail.com Artistic m456@hotmail.com Graphic din098@gmail.com FIELD2 values will have always either of the 2 above... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max499
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Group the records based on empno and send mail

Hi All, I have records in a file with name,SSO,openitems,manageremail with | delimited file.Now i want to group the records by SSO and openitems and send email to their manageremail. kiran|1111|draft|aaa@gmail.com guna|2222|reject|bbb@gmail.com kiran|1111|submitter|aaa@gmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Send a mail in case grep finds something

I want to search a file if it contains special strings and if yes, the records found should be mailed. I can either do it with a temporary file: /usr/bin/grep somestring somefile > /tmp/tempfile && /usr/bin/mail -s "Found something" email@mycomp.com < /tmp/tempfile... or by running the grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep the 'not running' jobs and will send the update in mail with its name(job)

my request is: i have to create a script , which will grep the 'not running' jobs and will send the update in mail with its name(job) Scenario: logged in to machine abc went to particular path: cd /a/b/c then ./script1.sh status (script.sh is a script,whose status gives info about 10 jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner987
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)