Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh - Checking directory trees containing wild cards Post 303004238 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of September 2017 10:39:57 AM
Old 09-28-2017
This is not related to ksh at all - you'll need external commands for this. Try - if your find version allows for it -

Code:
find /u01/app/oracle/local -type d -iname target_dir -ls | sort -ksomekey

or
Code:
find /u01/app/oracle/local -type d -iname target_dir | xargs ls -tdla | head -1

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to put a space between wild cards..

how do you put a space in a wild card thing.. example "LastAnalysisT.*${MONTH}.*${DAY}.*20${YEAR}" I need to make it something like "LastAnalysisT.*${MONTH}<I need a space here>.*${DAY}.*20${YEAR}" So it would be something like: LastAnalyst*May 24*2004 Where * just means I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to diff two huge directory trees

Hi I have a job that will be running nightly incremental backsup of a large directory tree. I did the initial backup, now I want to write a script to verify that all the files were transferred correctly. I did something like this which works in principle on small trees: diff -r -q... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
6 Replies

3. Linux

problem of wild cards matching..$ls t[A-Z] output

hi all, i have created a file by name tt and while listing the file ,i used the command $ls t from which i was expecting not to list tt file output coz of uppercase range, But it listed that file tt file and am not able understand the reason. kindly help. NOTE OS :Red Hat Enterprise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking directory permissions on UNIX directory

Hi, How do i check if I have read/write/execute rights on a UNIX directory? What I'm doing is checking read access on the files but i also want to check if user has rights on the direcory in whcih these files are present. if then...... And I check if the directory exists by using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use wild cards to find files beginning with upper and lower case

Im trying to use wild cards to find files that start with either an upper or lower case letter e.g. list files that beginning with b or B, i also want to sort them by the time they were last modified. e.g latest file created first. At the moment i have the following code that ls -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parker4001
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy very large directory trees

I have constant trouble with XCOPY/s for multi-gigabyte transfers. I need a utility like XCOPY/S that remembers where it left off if I reboot. Is there such a utility? How about a free utility (free as in free beer)? How about an md5sum sanity check too? I posted the above query in another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - getting last file using wild cards

Hi experts, I am new to perl. I am trying to get the last file from set of files. Using the below code; but getting error pls help Files: -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 12584 Mar 18 16:22 /abc/def/ghi/xyz.HOSTNAME.2016.03.18.16.21.69709-6 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 12623 Mar 18 16:25... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find wild card directory and its files of some extensions

I want to use Find command to find directories that have certain name and them find files in that directory having only some extensions. So far, I have come up with this command to list directories with wild card name and list ALL the files in that directory. find . -type d -name prog\* -print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)