Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Are These All The Integer Types In C Post 303004008 by split_func0 on Monday 25th of September 2017 07:12:28 AM
Old 09-25-2017
Thanks guys for your contributions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup types

can anyone explain me difference between tar and ufsdump commands.............and also i wd like to know the difference between incremental and differential backup......... thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

associated file types

I have a file of type .for extension .In a guui based unix environment like solaris if I double click on that file a specific program designed by me has to run which takes this file as the parameter and exceutes the program. Can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhk_srd
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mime types

Hi, I am trying to launch an ogg movie from a pdf file which has been produced with pdflatex and \movie {\centerline{\includegraphics {grafiques_xerrades/un_manolo_amb_camera.pdf}}} {hlims_xerrades/XocCumuls.ogg} The switch "externalviewer" makes kpdf launch the default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Un-compression types...

Hi Folks, As I am familiar wih both types compresion forms: gun-zip and .rpm. My questions is how do I uncompress gunz.zip type? As the .rpm I can double click and it will extract...Can someone shed some light on this and thank you... M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mombo_Z
2 Replies

6. Programming

enumeration types in C

If I want to declare an array of structures in C and have the number of items in that array to correspond to the items of an enumeration, is there a way to access the maximum value in the enumeration when declaring the array? For instance: typedef struct { various fields.... } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What Types of Food Do You Like The Most?

On another simple topic, multiple choice answers OK ( you can pick more than one or suggest others - we will add your suggestions to the poll ). What Types of Food Do You Like The Most? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies
stddef.h(3HEAD) 						      Headers							   stddef.h(3HEAD)

NAME
stddef.h, stddef - standard type definitions SYNOPSIS
#include <stddef.h> DESCRIPTION
The <stddef.h> header defines the following macros: NULL Null pointer constant. offsetof(type, member-designator) Integer constant expression of type size_t, the value of which is the offset in bytes to the structure member (member-designator), from the beginning of its structure (type). The <stddef.h> header defines the following types: ptrdiff_t Signed integer type of the result of subtracting two pointers. wchar_t Integer type whose range of values can represent distinct wide-character codes for all members of the largest character set specified among the locales supported by the compilation environment: the null character has the code value 0 and each mem- ber of the portable character set has a code value equal to its value when used as the lone character in an integer charac- ter constant. size_t Unsigned integer type of the result of the sizeof operator. The implementation supports one or more programming environments in which the widths of ptrdiff_t, size_t, and wchar_t are no greater than the width of type long. The names of these programming environments can be obtained using the confstr(3C) function or the getconf(1) util- ity. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getconf(1), confstr(3C), types.h(3HEAD), wchar.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 stddef.h(3HEAD)