Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to bash and perl scripting Post 303003607 by ramindia on Sunday 17th of September 2017 04:37:48 AM
Old 09-17-2017
New to bash and perl scripting

How can we do submenu and show on the bottom how i can send back to main menu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

hi all i'm trying to get a script working upon connection with pppd According to docu this happens ina clean environment with a couple of variables set, namely $1,$2,... To be able to execute the statements i included a path statement but i think i'm running into trouble with the variables -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjones
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

have this code but when i run it i get this error ./pulse: line 2: and here is the code #!/bin/bash if ; then pulseaudio -k; fi what am i doing wrong thanks Adam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

Hello everyone!!!! I am new to this forum ...I have a problem. And I thought that you are expert :) so you can help me with that... I have a text file with maaany lines. Every line begins with something like that: <http aksjfskcuhrf kushkfsnus> <http sxnfrksehfsd gsdg r> I don't know if every... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary_elen
16 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting

Try to imagine a flag: nnnnx nnnxx nnxxx nxxxx now imagine how it will output: 4 times the "n"and 1 times "x" 3 times "n"and" 2 times" x " .. etc. .. rhombus is the same only instead of "n" is there gap "and " x "is a few times to form the correct shape Can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krcek12
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

same script: 1- i am using grep to find a string called: tinker panic 0 in a file /etc/ntp.conf if the string is not there, i want to add the strings in /etc/ntp.conf file in the first line of the file. if not do nothing or exit. 2- also i want to add # in front of the following lines in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies
d_menu_proc(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      d_menu_proc(3alleg4)

NAME
d_menu_proc - Dialog procedure implementing a menu bar object. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int d_menu_proc(int msg, DIALOG *d, int c); DESCRIPTION
This object is a menu bar which will drop down child menus when it is clicked or if an alt+key corresponding to one of the shortcuts in the menu is pressed. It ignores a lot of the fields in the dialog structure, in particular the color is taken from the gui_*_color variables, and the width and height are calculated automatically (the w and h fields from the DIALOG are only used as a minimum size.) The dp field points to an array of menu structures: see do_menu() for more information. The top level menu will be displayed as a horizontal bar, but when child menus drop down from it they will be in the normal vertical format used by do_menu(). When a menu item is selected, the return value from the menu callback function is passed back to the dialog manager, so your callbacks should return D_O_K, D_REDRAW, or D_CLOSE. SEE ALSO
active_menu(3alleg4), gui_menu_draw_menu(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 d_menu_proc(3alleg4)