Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need to configure TP-link TL-wn725n in Ubuntu server. Post 303003535 by Corona688 on Friday 15th of September 2017 11:16:33 AM
Old 09-15-2017
Going to Solaris for better hardware support is like going to Microsoft for better virus protection. Only Linux has an obsessive enough following to even partly keep pace with the junk consumer hardware shovel mill. Solaris, I would estimate your odds at zero.

If you want wireless in UNIX, decide which UNIX you're going to run first, then find a card it's known to work with.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-15-2017 at 12:25 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with configure file in ubuntu

Hi, I want to add the library in my configure file. i am doing it using autoconf in ubuntu. I am new to the autoconf. Can anyone please let me know how to add the library using configure file so that it can linked to my software which I am using? Thanks in advance!!!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Can we configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC

Hi I would like to know whether we can configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC Regarsd ---------- Post updated at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:27 PM ---------- Here I am taking about in case of private connectivity through cross cable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Install and configure ntp rpm on Ubuntu 13.10 version

Hello, I am new to ubuntu Server OS and so trying to setup and ntp service on couple of servers. I see ntp rpm is not installed. # dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall | grep ntp ntpdate install # so I tried to installed ntp rpm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
REQUESTSYNC(1)						      General Commands Manual						    REQUESTSYNC(1)

NAME
requestsync - helper to file sync requests for Ubuntu SYNOPSIS
requestsync [-d distro] [-nse] [-k keyid] <source package> [target release] [base version] requestsync --lp [-nse] <source package> <target release> [base version] requestsync -h DESCRIPTION
requestsync looks at the versions of <source package> in Debian and Ubuntu and prompts for an explanation of why the Ubuntu changes (if there are any) should be dropped. The changelog entry is then downloaded from packages.debian.org, and the sync request bug is filed in launchpad. Alternatively, the sync request can be filed by GPG-signed email (option --email). requestsync checks if you have the permissions to request the sync from the archive administrators directly by checking if you have upload permissions for that package through package set permissions or component permissions. If you don't have upload permissions, the script will subscribe the necessary team with approval rights to the bug report for you. This check is only performed if requestsync is allowed to use the LP API (not email submission). In the other case requestsync relies on that you answer the question about upload permissions honestly to determine if a team with approval rights is to be subscribed to the bug. If you have permission to upload the package directly, then you may prefer to use syncpackage instead to copy the package using the Launch- pad API. At some future point, requestsync will be changed to do this automatically. requestsync uses launchpadlib authentication to file its requests. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for requestsync: -h Display a help message and exit. -d Specifies which Debian distribution a package should be synced from. Default is testing in LTS cycles, otherwise unstable. -n Specifies that the package is a new package, and requestsync should not attempt to look it up in Ubuntu since it will not exist. -k <keyid> Specifies your GPG key. This is only used if the sync request is mailed to Launchpad. --email Use GPG-signed email to file the bug, rather than launchpadlib. -s Specifies that you require sponsorship. You need this option if you don't have upload permissions for that package. This disables the upload permissions check described above. -C Allow changelog to be manually filled in when missing. requestsync gets Debian changelogs from packages.debian.org, which isn't in sync with the Debian archive. To request a sync before the changelog is available, pass this option, and provide the changelog entries yourself. -e Use this flag after FeatureFreeze for non-bug fix syncs. requestsync will subscribe ubuntu-release team instead of sponsorship team. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. <source package> This is the source package that you would like to be synced from Debian. <target release> This is the release that you would like the source package to be synced into. This should always be the latest development release of Ubuntu. [base version] In some cases, the base version (where the Ubuntu package started differing from the Debian package) cannot be automatically deter- mined. Specify this option in this case. ENVIRONMENT
requestsync uses the following variables which should be set in your shell's configuration by adding export VARIABLE= lines, where VARIABLE is one of the following: UBUMAIL, DEBEMAIL Specifies which email should be used when sending to Launchpad. All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
REQUESTSYNC_SMTP_SERVER Set which SMTP server to use when sending mail. If unspecified this defaults to launchpad's SMTP servers (the eventual destina- tion). REQUESTSYNC_SMTP_PORT Sets which port of the SMTP server to use. Default is 25. REQUESTSYNC_SMTP_USER and REQUESTSYNC_SMTP_PASS Sets the username and password to use when authenticating to the SMTP server. REQUESTSYNC_USE_LPAPI Setting this to no is equivalent to running with --email. REQUESTSYNC_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. REQUESTSYNC_KEYID, UBUNTUTOOLS_KEYID The default value for -k. SEE ALSO
rmadison(1), syncpackage(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
requestsync and this manual page were written by the Ubuntu MOTU Team. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools 19 January 2008 REQUESTSYNC(1)