Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect script to collect logs in expert mode Post 303003347 by shunya on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 09:11:46 PM
Old 09-12-2017
Appreciate your help rovf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command use for interactive mode of scripting

Hi All, I am writing a script(Auto_Installation.sh) which is calling one another script (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) Now the issue is result of (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) script is ##########################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhruvak
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

collect red hat linux error logs

Hi, I have two questions,first of all is where can I collect more error logs(the log under /var/log/messages), also give the corresponding explain is grateful.The second one is the log under various versions(such as red hat,suse,etc) is the same or not. Thanks for answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect the logs with in two time stamp ?

Hi Gurus I need to collect the logs between two time stamp... The log files 12 hours format (ex- Nov 14, 2013 12:10:16 AM UTC) I tried the below commands but no luck. awk '$0 >= "Nov 14, 2013 9:40:01" && $0 <= "Nov 14, 2013 9:55:01"' file sed -n '/Nov 14, 2013 7:58:00 PM UTC/,/Nov 14, 2013... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect doesn't output the logs

(qemu) migrate -d tcp:192.168.122.1:4444 (qemu) info migrate capabilities: xbzrle: off Migration status: completed total time: 4425 milliseconds downtime: 3 milliseconds transferred ram: 130338 kbytes remaining ram: 0 kbytes total ram: 1057152 kbytes duplicate: 232613 pages normal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to set file transfer in binary mode in SFTP using Expect?

The below is my script. /usr/bin/expect<<EOD spawn /usr/bin/sftp -o Port=$PORT $USER@$HOST expect "sftp>" expect "password:" set timout 15 send "$password\r" expect "sftp>" send "lcd $remotedir\r" expect "sftp>" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anilsaggu9
1 Replies
sadc(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   sadc(8)

NAME
sadc -- system activity data collector SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [-m mode] [t n] [ofile] DESCRIPTION
The sadc tool is used to collect cumulative system activity data. The sample system data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to ofile if specified. Otherwise, the binary data is written to stdout. If the ofile file does not exist, it is created, otherwise it is truncated. sadc is intended to be used as the engine behind the sar(1) command, and is not typically invoked on the command line. Two shell scripts, sa1 and sa2 are provided to drive the typical sampling, saving, and reporting process. OPTIONS
The following options modify the way data is collected by sadc. -m mode Modify the collection of system statistics as specified by mode. Currently only one mode is supported. PPP By default, the collection of ppp network interface statistics is turned off. This is because the number of ppp connec- tions can be very high, causing the raw data file to grow unexpectedly large, especially when samples are collected at short intervals. Use the PPP mode to turn the collection back on. EXAMPLES
/usr/lib/sa/sadc 15 20 /tmp/sample.out This call collects 20 samples at 15 second intervals. The binary data is written to the /tmp/sample.out file FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. /usr/lib/sa/sa1 Shell script used to drive the sar data collection. /usr/lib/sa/sa2 Shell script used to drive the sar data reporting. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sa2(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X