Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CUPS has gone away
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CUPS has gone away Post 303003166 by jgt on Friday 8th of September 2017 10:26:12 AM
Old 09-08-2017
Did you solve the other problem that you were having last week?

HP 1012 Printer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i? and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully my printer running? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does cups recognize a new driver?

hi there, i am attempting to recognize a network printer on my red hat box. i know the IP, i have procured the correct driver, however, CUPS (nor the add printer utility) doesn't recognize the driver nor the printer type. i am assuming this has to do with the location of the driver. can anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickenyon
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem with compileing CUPS

Hi guys, I'm trying to install a newer version of CUPS and my compilation fails: # ./configure checking for gawk... gawk checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

cups printing error

Hi All, Having searched for a solution to this issue i found no suggestions which help my particular problem. I am getting the following error message on 1 of the 3 printers i have configured: recoverable: Network host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds All 3 printers are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Troubleshooting printing through Cups

Hello Experts, I have been facing an issue with printing through cups configured on Linux server. All was going on well but all of a sudden the printers started giving an error message, "Unsupported format application/postscript!" and we cant get any prints of any printer. Need your help as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies

7. Solaris

CUPS problems

I am running cups 2.0.2 on solaris 11, trying to get CUPS to report the page count of what was printed correctly. Right now I have the printer configured as post script both on solaris and on the windows box i am printing from. What happens is that when i print more pages than 2, the page count... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt99199
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPS configuration

Hi, I just set up a CUPS server for my printers and want every computer in my home to use it. To connect to the print server with my Ubuntu 14.04 as a client which possibilities are there, if I don't want to use a client.conf in /etc/cups/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[CUPS] printers not shown after a while

I'm currently running a CUPS server and it shows the printers on other computers just fine, but after a while they disappear. I found out, that restarting /etc/init.d/cups-browsed fixes the problem (for about 15min). When the printers disappear, the cups-browsed service is still running, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
0 Replies
mime.convs(5)							    Apple Inc.							     mime.convs(5)

NAME
mime.convs - mime type conversion file for cups DESCRIPTION
The mime.convs file defines the filters that are available for converting files from one format to another. The standard filters support text, PDF, PostScript, and many types of image files. Additional filters are specified in files with the extension .convs in the CUPS configuration directory. Each line in the mime.convs file is a comment, blank, or filter line. Comment lines start with the # character. Filter lines specify the source and destination MIME types along with a relative cost associated with the filter and the filter to run: source/type destination/type cost filter The source/type field specifies the source MIME media type that is consumed by the filter. The destination/type field specifies the destination MIME media type that is produced by the filter. The cost field specifies the relative cost for running the filter. A value of 100 means that the filter uses a large amount of resources while a value of 0 means that the filter uses very few resources. The filter field specifies the filter program filename. Filenames are relative to the CUPS filter directory. FILES
/etc/cups - Typical CUPS configuration directory. /usr/lib/cups/filter - Typical CUPS filter directory. /usr/libexec/cups/filter - CUPS filter directory on macOS. EXAMPLES
Define a filter that converts PostScript documents to CUPS Raster format: application/vnd.cups-postscript application/vnd.cups-raster 50 pstoraster SEE ALSO
cups-files.conf(5), cupsd.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsfilter(8), mime.types(5), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 26 August 2015 CUPS mime.convs(5)