Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Order of data in Spool File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Order of data in Spool File Post 303003060 by cero on Thursday 7th of September 2017 08:44:20 AM
Old 09-07-2017
You could use the sort command on the spool file, but there will be problems for example with headings.
The order by clause is the cleanest and easiest way and was designed to do what you ask for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - printing certain fields when field order changes in data file

I'm hoping someone can help me on this. I have a data file that greatly simplified might look like this: sec;src;dst;proto 421;10.10.10.1;10.10.10.2;tcp 426;10.10.10.3;10.10.10.4;udp 442;10.10.10.5;10.10.10.6;tcp sec;src;fac;dst;proto 521;10.10.10.1;ab;10.10.10.2;tcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric4
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to spool a unix file

hi, can anyone help me by saying how can i spool a unix file.. do we need to specify the pathname as such to spool the file .. right now, i tried giving like spool filename in the sql prompt.. but its not giving me the required output even if i can see that the command is being executed.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
2 Replies

3. AIX

Spool data file

Dear Gurus, Tried searching for some clues in this forum but dont seem to be able to find my answer. :confused: Anyway i have a quick question: Today I have produced a messages generated from a application and placed them on the print queue. Before this I had stopped the printer queue, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in spool file

Hi, Iam a newbie. When I give the below query at SQL prompt. SQL> select col1||'`ß`'||col2 from tablename where rownum<2; 1-J7WGX`ß`1-7OKC-23 Iam getting ß within appostropies...... If I remove appostropies and give the query it is throwing an error. If I give the same query in spool as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kknayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort data based on descending order problem

Input file 9.99331e-13 8.98451e-65 9.98418e-34 7.98319e-08 365592 111669 74942.9 0 Desired output 365592 111669 74942.9 7.98319e-08 1.99331e-13 6.98418e-34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spool file, only if data exists.

Hi All, I have one Question, that is it possible to check the spool output? What i mean to say is "spool the file only if data exists" I am trying to fetch data from a sql query, and want to generate a file, on a condition that the file should be generated, only if the output of the sql... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiabhi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract data from numbered files using linux in the numerical order-

Hi experts, I have a list of files containing forces as the only number as follows. Force1.txt Force2.txt Force3.txt Force4.txt Force5.txt . . . . . . . . . Force100.txt I want to put all the data(only a number ) in these forces files in the file with the same order like 1,2,3 ..100 .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert gaussian noise to a data with an order with awk?

Hello everybody, My problem is inserting gaussian noise to a file containing data, that is, add every single noise to the number after every 6 character. here is my data 0910 1 2048 32.38 40 20.88 28 35.53 9.62 0.00 MSDMP0 1.790MSDMS1 2.840KCTXP2 4.400KRCMP0 4.600BOZMP0 5.640BOZMS2... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
26 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spool Data in a file

Hello, I am trying to spool data from database into a file on solaris through ksh. Data is getting fetched but the problem is record is getting split in to multiple lines. excerpt from sql is whenever sqlerror exit 1; set define on set echo off set feed off set head off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How order a data matrix using awk?

is it possible to order the following row clusters from ascending to descending. thanx in advance input 1 2 4 0 1 2 4 0 3 3 3 3 1 5 1 0 1 5 1 0 6 0 0 0 5 1 1 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies
uuaids(8c)																uuaids(8c)

Name
       uucompact, uumkspool, uurespool, uupoll - uucp utilities

Syntax
       uucompact -ssystem
       uumkspool system ...
       uurespool [ -t# ]
       uupoll system ...

Description
       All of the commands are located in

The  command  compacts  uucp  system spool directories and associated subdirectories. If system is ALL, then all existing uucp system spool
       directories are compacted.  Otherwise, only the specified system spool directory is compacted.  If no system is	specified,  is	compacted.
       If  is stopped before it is finished, it can be restarted without reprocessing directories.  The command continues processing where it left
       off during it's previous instantiation.

The command makes a per system spool directory and associated subdirectories for each of the specified systems.	For example, if system	is
       mk3 and if the local system name is penny, the following directories are created:
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/C.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/X.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
       The  command  moves files from old spool directories to	new spool directories.	Because the structure of the spool directories has changed
       from older versions of it is necessary to respool old spooled files to new spool directories in at least two instances:

o    When installing the current version of

o    When creating a new system spool directory for each system.

In the latter case, it is necessary to move files from to the new spool directories.  To ease this task, moves files that have been spooled
       in  one	of 4 formats and respools them under the new spooling structure.  The format is specified by the -t# option, where the number sign
       (#) can be any one of the following:

o   Original spool - All files are in

o   Split spool - Contains the subdirectories

o   Modified split spool -  Contains all subdirectories listed in split spool, and

o   Used when a new system directory has been created and spool files must be moved from the DEFAULT directory to the new system directory.

The command forces a connect attempt to the named systems even if recent attempts have failed, but not if the file prohibits the call.  For
       example, the file will prohibit the call if it is the wrong time of day.  Thus, the should be monitored for messages about the connection.

Files
       Spool directory

Logfile

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uux(1c)

uuaids(8c)