Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to update the text file with next version of deployment(V1,V2,V3) Post 303002612 by naresh2389 on Tuesday 29th of August 2017 05:45:19 AM
Old 08-29-2017
Hi Rudic,

I am new to shell and trying to write the script for the above task. Intially new.txt will be empty.

Requirment is to update the version of deployment packages.First time CMD_HG-120-V1 should be updated in new.txt.
Next time when i run the script it should be CMD_HG-120-V2..Simiraly CMD_HG-120-V3...It should take latest version from new.txt file and increment the version in new.txt file.

This time it should be CMD_HG-120-V4 if the previous version is V3 in txt file.

CMD_HG-120-V1
CMD_HG-120-V2
CMD_HG-120-V3

Last edited by naresh2389; 08-29-2017 at 07:02 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to Parse Version Information from Text File

I have a file name version.properties with the following data: major.version=14 minor.version=234 I'm trying to write a grep expression to only put "14" to stdout. The following is not working. grep "major.version=(+)" version.properties What am I doing wrong? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: obfunkhouser
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

war file deployment

Hi Experts. I need to install one help library in Fedora 13 and I got the installation document for it: --------------------------------------------------- users need their own J2EE web application server to be able to complete this installation. The server must support J2EE - JSP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update strings in text file

I have a txt file that contains multiple occurrances of: <MoreFlag>Y</MoreFlag> I want to update these to: MorePACFlag>Y</MorePACFlag> How would I do this? Cheers Paul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Update java version in Zone

I am using a solaris zone in Sun blade-T6320 which has a java version "1.5.0_18" i want to update it to 1.6.0.16 or higher , how can i do that , does i need to add the new java package to the global server or just instal it in the zone itself. do i need to remove the older version or and install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Version update

We have a version for every file like RHZ 1.0 / Ver 1.4.2 etc. Whenever I place a new file with same file name i want the version to get auto upgraded. So can anyone suggest code.. Eg: RHX 1.0 -> RHZ 1.1 Ver 1.4.2. -> Ver 1.4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna87
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Specify version in yum update

Hello All, I am trying to upgrade redhat from 5.6 to 5.8. When i use Code: yum update -y it installs 5.9 I dont want 5.9, instead i would like to upgrade to 5.8 is there anyway to specify a version when you are doing Code: yum update (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update specific field in a line of text file

I have a text file like this: subject1:LecturerA:10 subject2:LecturerA:40 if I was given string in column 1 and 2 (which are subject 1 and LecturerA) , i need to update 3rd field of that line containing that given string , which is, number 10 need to be updated to 100 ,for example. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmtoan
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manipulate a text file and store each version for every changes in a directory?

I attached both picturehttps://1drv.ms/t/s!Aoomvi55MLAQh1jODfUxa-xurns_ and *.txt file of a sample work file. In this file Reactions which only start with "r1f", "r2f", "r3f"......and so on. And for each reaction the reaction rates is situated couple of lines later with a "+" sign. For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Deployment - various deployment options DESCRIPTION
This file documents common deployment methods for Web::Simple. If you feel one is missing, please ask in the IRC channel and we'll work with you to add it. CGI
The most basic deployment option is as a CGI script loading and running your Web::Simple-module: #!/usr/bin/env perl use Your::Web::Simple::App; Your::Web::Simple::App->run_if_script; Save that as script.cgi and your web server will handle it correctly. Plack-Server This works in with exactly the same code as CGI deployment. However instead of letting your web server load script.cgi, you run this on the command line: plackup script.cgi Self-contained CGI Sometimes your app is so small that you have only one or two tiny classes that you want to run as a CGI script. Web::Simple offers a helpful mechanism to achieve that. #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; # enables strictures and warnings for the file # additionally, HelloWorld is upgraded to a # Web::Simple application { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world! It is a fine ' . HelloWorld::Helper->day ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } { package HelloWorld::Helper; use DateTime; sub day { return DateTime->now->day_name; } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)