Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Simple symmetrical wave RMS DEMO using awk. Post 303002591 by jim mcnamara on Monday 28th of August 2017 12:23:25 PM
Old 08-28-2017
It looks to me like you have a granularity problem. Four dots as a sample can fit a lot of functions, with intermediate datapoints from increased sampling rates you could then use fft to get good sine waves, for example.

You can code fft.c then call it using the system() function in awk. I think your awk supports that call.

A google for 'fft.c' got me 10 first page hits that looked respectably good. There are sites with an array of algorithmic variants to meet differing needs.

fft is gold standard for fitting data sampling output.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about wave file integrating.

Now I have two wave file(*.wav) at Tru64 Unix machine. I want to make a new wave file including the two wave file. how I should finish this programmer. If you know, can you give me the format of the wave file(*.wav) and Sun au file(*.au). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. Programming

Porting Rogue Wave to Linux

I am challenged with porting an old application from Solaris to Red Hat. The application uses Rogue Wave and I am searching for a Red Hat implementation. Your help is appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunkyWinkerbean
2 Replies
DYLIBPROF(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DYLIBPROF(1)

NAME
dylibprof - control the shared pc sampling of a dynamic shared library SYNOPSIS
dylibprof [-e | -d] | [-c | -r | -b | -h | -p [-o <file>] <dylib>] DESCRIPTION
Dylibprof along with the server /usr/libexec/profileServer allows shared program counter sampling of a dynamic shared library across all the programs that use the library. To use dylibprof(1), /usr/libexec/profileServer must be running. So first start /usr/libexec/profileServer and leave it running in the back ground: % /usr/libexec/profileServer >& /dev/console & /usr/libexec/profileServer starts up with shared pc sampling disabled. It should not be left running with shared pc sampling enabled if no sampling is being done as every launch of a program that uses the dynamic linker is effected. This is true even to a small extent if there no libraries being sampled. If you need to profile from boot up for all processes then the following line can be added to /etc/bootstrap.conf: server "/usr/libexec/profileServer" services NSProfileServer NSProfileControl; Before any dynamic shared library can be sampled sampling must be enabled as follows: % dylibprof -e It can then later be disabled when no more sampling is to be done with: % dylibprof -d EXAMPLE
To sample the dynamic shared library /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System for example requires the following steps. First create a sample buffer for the library: % dylibprof -c /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System Then begin the sampling: % dylibprof -b /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System After this programs launched using this library will be part of the shared pc sampling. Typically what would be done is to then use the system normally for a number of hours. Then to halt the sampling: % dylibprof -h /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System The profiling output file (a gmon.out file) can be created with: % dylibprof -p -o /tmp/gmon.out /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System Using the profiling output file and the library a profile listing and a time based order file (time.order) can be created with: gprof(1): % gprof -S /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System /tmp/gmon.out When no more sampling for this library is to be done the sample buffer can be removed with: % dylibprof -r /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System The options are: -e Enable shared program counter sampling for dynamic libraries. -d Disable shared program counter sampling for dynamic libraries. -c Create a pc sample buffer for the library. -b Begin sampling for programs subsequently launched using the library. -h Halt sampling for programs subsequently launched using the library. -p Produce a profiling output file (a gmon.out file) for the library. -r Remove the pc sample buffer for the library. -o name Use the file name instead of gmon.out when producing the profiling output file with the -p above. FILES
gmon.out profile output file /var/tmp/profile/profile.XXXXXX the sample buffer file SEE ALSO
gprof(1) Apple Computer, Inc. March 19, 2002 DYLIBPROF(1)