Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with escape in code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with escape in code Post 303002205 by RudiC on Saturday 19th of August 2017 11:30:19 AM
Old 08-19-2017
Please become accustomed to provide decent context info of your problem.

It is always helpful to support a request with system info like OS and shell, related environment (variables, options), preferred tools, adequate (representative) sample input and desired output data and the logics connecting the two, and, if existent, system (error) messages verbatim, to avoid ambiguities and keep people from guessing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

escape codes

I did a search and found the link for escape codes,- but I am not sure how to modify this script to set the margins. I started with a script that was already written on my system to set a printer to print landscape. I need to send an report that is in an ascii file to multiple printers from my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character in vi?

I want to replace a string which contains "/" in vi but what is the escape character for forward slash? e.g. I have a text file with the contents below and I want to replace "/Top/Sub/Sub1" with "ABC". /Top/Sub/Sub1 The replace command I am using is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Available escape sequences

:) Hi, Can any one help me to find available escape sequences in UNIX shell programming? ( Like \n, \c etc,. in C or C++) Iam generating one report using one of the script, in that it is very much essential. Regards, LOVE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape characterz...

hey i wanted to know if there is some single unix command to replace all the character escape sequences with their "C" values in a string... The only way i know is repetatively kepp using the grep command for each one. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character

Hi , I want to change space to ' in my script. I tried doing this, sed 's/ /\'/g' filename but i could not get it. can some one help me please. Thanks, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape and combination

Hi I have 2 files like: file1 a 12 b 1 a 3 file2 a 9 c 0 a 8 and i would like to get a 12 a 9 a 3 a 8 i can do it with grep and paste with 3 lines. I tried to combine using: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape code problem again

Now theres another problem. I would like to output not just a colored block, but how would I output not a solid block character, but a shaded block instead? Please help. I'm writing a library for these codes and this would really help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape characters

i am executing script from A server which will execute the script in B server , as below. ssh A 'ssh B echo 'select * from testing where name ='test'' i am getting the below output. select * from testing where name=test but i need the output where clause with quotes , tried with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Sequences

Hi Gurus, Escape sequences \n, \t, \b, \t, \033(1m are not working. I just practiced these escape sequences. It worked first. Later its not working. Also the command - echo inside the script editor shows as shaded by a color. Before that echo inside the script editor wont show like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
4 Replies
TEXINFO(5)                                                      File Formats Manual                                                     TEXINFO(5)

NAME
texinfo - software documentation system DESCRIPTION
Texinfo is a documentation system that uses a single source file to produce both online information and printed output. It is primarily designed for writing software manuals. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/ or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). info(5). FSF GNU Texinfo TEXINFO(5)