Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find wild card directory and its files of some extensions Post 303002160 by sssccc on Friday 18th of August 2017 12:50:41 PM
Old 08-18-2017
Tried that. My Find does not support "path".

Code:
>find . -path ./prog\* \( -iname "*.txt" -o -iname "*.prg" \)
find: bad option -path
find: [-H | -L] path-list predicate-list

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 08-18-2017 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using if with wild card patterns

Hi, Please help me. Suppose I have a file which contains files like: My file :/tmp/rooh_20020518.lst it consists: ASI00320225041925URD01 ASI00320225041925KER02 ASI00390228095244KER08 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls and wild card - Should be simple!

I am trying to cp files that have F0 as prefix in their name in path p1/p2 to path p3/p4 this command does not work - Why? (I am using HP/UX) cp p1/p2/F0* p3/p4 thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card in find perm

Hi, Is there a way to use find command to list the directories for certain permissions. I know we can use find . -type d -perm nnn, where nnn is the permission number . However I wold like to know if I wanna search for wild card permissions i.e 75* / 7* / 55* , as i do not know the actual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

4. AIX

df, grep, wild card

Hi, I want to monitor my filesystem capacity and I want to df with grep wildcard for all 9*%. Is this possible? I want to replaced all the existing complicated scripts I have in the system. Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Existence of File with wild card using Csh

Hi All, I would like to find out the existence of files with wild card using CSH. I have used the below code but does not seem to work. Can any expert give me some advice ? set nonomatch set pattern = "_xxx" set filetype = ( *$pattern* ) if ( -e $filetype) then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with wild card [solved]

Can somebody help me with the following syntax? I want to find all files that end with *.arc SUFFIX=".arc" find /tmp -name "\*$SUFFIX" -print 2>/dev/null ---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:41 PM ---------- got it thanks -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files not matching wild card

Hi I need a unix command which generates the list of files that dont match the wild card pattern in the current directory say for example I have files like x.addfd.txt.H2012.txt x.addfd.txt.H2012.txt x.asegfd.txt.H2012.txt adfd.bagddf I need the list of files which dont match... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files using wild card search

Hi All, My server is AIX and i am trying to search for a file in a specific path in directory. The file name can be of two types: Position_20131114.csv Position123333_20131114.csv I am trying to assign a SOURCEFILE variable as mentioned below:, but i am unable to find/locate the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card for dir path

I have dir structure like this : /opt/oracle/product/abc/sqlplus/admin/ /opt/oracle/product/def/sqlplus/admin /opt/oracle/product/ghi/sqlplus/admin I am trying to use wildcard ( for dirs abc,def,ghi) ..something like this : cp xyz.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the directories and deleting with wild card

Hi Firends, I have requirement like find the directories in unix after my my deployment is done. generally my requirement as follows. /data/common/scripts is folder and it has multiple scripts in this path. I have taken the back up of scripts folder as below /data/common/0816_scripts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies
kits(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   kits(1)

Name
       kits - generate setld format distribution kits

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/kits key-file input-path output-path [ subset...  ]

Description
       The  command  produces  subset images, inventories, and control files for an installation using the command.  You need to know the key file
       which describes the product to be built, a hierarchy from which the component files to be kitted are to be taken, and a destination  direc-
       tory into which the kit information is to be placed.

The command produces a subset image and a .image file in the output-path directory for each subset. In the instctrl subdirectory of output-
       path, produces an inventory file and a control file. Any subset control program for the subset is transferred to output-path/instctrl.	An
       instctrl directory is created if none existed.

Arguments
       key-file       The  path  name of the manufacturing key file which describes the product to be kitted. Unless optional subset arguments are
		      specified, all subsets listed in the descriptor section of the key-file are kitted.

input-path     The path name which specifies the top of a hierarchy of files. This hierarchy contains the files which are to be kitted into
		      subsets.

output-path    The name of the directory to be used to store the subset image and data files produced by the command.

subset...      The names of individual subsets can be specified by optionally listing them on the command line. If they are specified, only
		      those subsets will be kitted. The program assumes that all other subsets for the product have been  kitted  and  that  their
		      images  are  in  the  directory  specified  by output-path.  The key file specified must contain descriptors for each of the
		      optional named subsets.

Restrictions
       Any subset control programs to be provided with the kit must be located in a directory scps in the working directory where the  program	is
       invoked. If no subset control program is found for a subset, an empty one is created.

Examples
       The  following  example	shows the command used to produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the
       hierarchy /var/kits/input and place the results in /var/kits/output.
	   kits ULT400.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output
       The next example shows the same usage, but specifies that only the ULTACCT400 subset is to be created.
	   kits ULT400.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output ULTACCT400

Diagnostics
       kits: key-file not found
       The program was unable to find the key-file specified on the command line.

kits: input-path not found
       The program was unable to find the specified input-path.

kits: output-path not found
       The program was unable to find the  specified output-path.

kits: cannot create instctrl directory.
       The program cannot create an instctrl directory under output-path.  Check that the user has write permission to output-path.

kits: key-file format error
       One of the NAME, CODE, VERS, MI or ROOT values in the specified key-file is either missing or has a null value.

Inventory file pathname not found
       The master inventory file pathname specified in the MI entry of the key-file cannot be found. Verify that the pathname is  accessible  from
       the current directory.

Generating media creation information...failed.
       There  are  no records in the master inventory file for a subset which is being kitted.	Check the master inventory file for correctness of
       content and format.

No such subset in key-file subset subset
       A subset name specified on the command line does not have a descriptor line in the key-file.  Check the spelling of the subset name on  the
       command line.  Check the contents of the key-file.

compression failed. status = status
       The  compression  option  was specified in the key-file and an attempt to compress a subset failed. This should not happen. Run the program
       once more.

Files
       temporary files.

log of subset packaging activity

See Also
       invcutter(1), tarsets(1), stl_comp(5), stl_ctrl(5), stl_image(5), stl_key(5), stl_mi(5), stl_scp(5), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

kits(1)