Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace query by reading the file Post 303002062 by Skrynesaver on Thursday 17th of August 2017 03:39:23 AM
Old 08-17-2017
Code:

[skrynesaver@busybox]$cat tmp.dat
name,id,flag
apple,1,Y
apple,2,N
mango,1,Y
mango,2,Y
[skrynesaver@busybox]$ perl -ne 'chomp;@r=split/,/; push @{$fields{$r[0]}},$r[1] if $r[2] eq "Y";}{for $fruit (keys %fields){print "hive -s -e \"create ${fruit}_view as select ", join",",@{$fields{$fruit}}," from main table\"\n"}' tmp.dat
hive -s -e "create mango_view as select 1,2, from main table"
hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1, from main table"
[skrynesaver@busybox]$

This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all, Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below. FileName='filekey.txt' while read LINE do var=$LINE print "For File key $var" ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a file reading from another file

Hi Guys, I have a file which has string which needs to be replaced by what. Change.txt Former Replace with ASD AAD ABP NAID I like to read this file and search another file and replace the content. For an example, read Change.txt and replace ASD with AAD in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Programming

Conditional replace after reading in a file

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from sql query

I have sql query in shell script. select distinct account_no from adj order by account_no; This query returns account number daily.Sometimes it may return 90 rows sometime it may return 1 row only and someday it may return 0 rows I am storing the output of this query in sql_output.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)						 1						  PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)

PDOStatement::fetchAll - Returns an array containing all of the result set rows

SYNOPSIS
public array PDOStatement::fetchAll ([int $fetch_style], [mixed $fetch_argument], [array $ctor_args = array()]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $fetch_style - Controls the contents of the returned array as documented in PDOStatement.fetch(3). Defaults to value of PDO::ATTR_DEFAULT_FETCH_MODE (which defaults to PDO::FETCH_BOTH) To return an array consisting of all values of a single column from the result set, specify PDO::FETCH_COLUMN. You can specify which column you want with the $column-index parameter. To fetch only the unique values of a single column from the result set, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_UNIQUE. To return an associative array grouped by the values of a specified column, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_GROUP. o $fetch_argument - This argument has a different meaning depending on the value of the $fetch_style parameter: o PDO::FETCH_COLUMN: Returns the indicated 0-indexed column. o PDO::FETCH_CLASS: Returns instances of the specified class, mapping the columns of each row to named properties in the class. o PDO::FETCH_FUNC: Returns the results of calling the specified function, using each row's columns as parameters in the call. o $ctor_args - Arguments of custom class constructor when the $fetch_style parameter is PDO::FETCH_CLASS. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchAll(3) returns an array containing all of the remaining rows in the result set. The array represents each row as either an array of column values or an object with properties corresponding to each column name. An empty array is returned if there are zero results to fetch, or FALSE on failure. Using this method to fetch large result sets will result in a heavy demand on system and possibly network resources. Rather than retriev- ing all of the data and manipulating it in PHP, consider using the database server to manipulate the result sets. For example, use the WHERE and ORDER BY clauses in SQL to restrict results before retrieving and processing them with PHP. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch all remaining rows in a result set <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set */ print("Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchAll(); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: Array ( [0] => Array ( [name] => pear [0] => pear [colour] => green [1] => green ) [1] => Array ( [name] => watermelon [0] => watermelon [colour] => pink [1] => pink ) ) Example #2 Fetching all values of a single column from a result set The following example demonstrates how to return all of the values of a single column from a result set, even though the SQL state- ment itself may return multiple columns per row. <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the values of the first column */ $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN, 0); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array(3) ( [0] => string(5) => apple [1] => string(4) => pear [2] => string(10) => watermelon ) Example #3 Grouping all values by a single column The following example demonstrates how to return an associative array grouped by the values of the specified column in the result set. The array contains three keys: values apple and pear are returned as arrays that contain two different colours, while water- melon is returned as an array that contains only one colour. <?php $insert = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO fruit(name, colour) VALUES (?, ?)"); $insert->execute(array('apple', 'green')); $insert->execute(array('pear', 'yellow')); $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Group values by the first column */ var_dump($sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN|PDO::FETCH_GROUP)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { ["apple"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(3) "red" } ["pear"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(6) "yellow" } ["watermelon"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(5) "green" } } Example #4 Instantiating a class for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_CLASS fetch style. <?php class fruit { public $name; public $colour; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_CLASS, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> object(fruit)#1(2) { ["name"]=> string(5) "apple" ["colour"]=> string(5) "green" } [1]=> object(fruit)#2(2) { ["name"]=> string(4) "pear" ["colour"]=> string(6) "yellow" } [2]=> object(fruit)#3(2) { ["name"]=> string(10) "watermelon" ["colour"]=> string(4) "pink" } } Example #5 Calling a function for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_FUNC fetch style. <?php function fruit($name, $colour) { return "{$name}: {$colour}"; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_FUNC, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> string(12) "apple: green" [1]=> string(12) "pear: yellow" [2]=> string(16) "watermelon: pink" } SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)