Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh Syntex for elif conditions Post 303001901 by RudiC on Monday 14th of August 2017 08:15:59 AM
Old 08-14-2017
What happens if you run it, eventually with the xtrace (-x) option set?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntex error

hi I am try to run following script using c-shell but i get the following syntex error:- ----script--- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/csh echo "system monitor" echo " 1) system paging 2) system file inf. 3) system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neer45
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If..elif..else...fi

Hi all, I got some problems on executing the following scripts. Scripts: if ]; then echo "M${str}O 0 1" >> ${tempFile} elif ]; then echo "M${str}O 1 0" >> ${tempFile} else echo "M${str}O 0 0" >> ${tempFile} fi Error: "`;' is not expected." what's the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntex error script any suggestions

a script with prompts user and returns the value of there home directory and full name #!/bin/bash echo "please enter your login ID" read login_id while $login_id -ne `grep $login_id /etc/passwd | cut -f1 -d:` is they anything wrong with it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kim187
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with ELIF statement

I am receiving an elif error on line 13 and I can not figure out the reasoning behind it. I have added the then statement that I was initially missing. Any help would be great. #The purpose of this script is for the end user to be able to enter a positive number #User enters a number NUM=$1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brewer27
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

if/elif help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is my problem for the class. Write a script that asks for the user's age. If it is equal to or higher... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggie6970
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple indexed conditions with ksh

Dear Unix Experts, I have randomly generated the x, y, and z coordinates of 16 atoms of two species, A and B (8 atoms each) Then I calculated the spacing between all the A atoms labeled d1, B atoms labeled d2 and between A and B atoms labeled d3. I would like to save the x, y, z coordinates to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vahid
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expr Syntex error

Hello, I am new to Shell programing. I want to add two numbers & show result. command I use are as under Echo Enter the two numbers read number d1 = ` expr $ num%10` num = `expr $ num/10` d2 = ` expr $ num%10` num = `expr $ num/10` sum = $ d1 + $ d2 echo the sum is $ sum I am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbchhaya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if else elif

Hi all,i have configured the following script to check if the file exists or not, #!/bin/sh sleep 30 { FILEFULL=$1`date +$2`* if ; then echo $FILEFULL exist else echo "$FILEFULL File not Found" | mail -s 'server' myaccount@mydomain.com fi } but i have a problem, i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If / elif

Hello all, I have a scenario where I take user input values and accordingly take actions say I run a script with sh scriptname -x GB -e txt (txt can also be text) I have used if clause for the first input (-x GB)and it is working fine Now for second the scenario is if then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)