Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using kSar for short sar reports , failed to parse Post 303001586 by rdrtx1 on Monday 7th of August 2017 04:50:00 PM
Old 08-07-2017
maybe:
Code:
sar -P ALL 2 > test.all.txt

but there is no need to run sar in a loop again and again with this script. It will just keep clobbering the output file. The loop will be to read the output file.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 08-07-2017 at 05:55 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a script to have monthly sar reports

Hi I am still learning shell scripting, so for complex stuff, I need help. I would like to have a script that produces sar monthly reports, so that I can produce a graph from it! The idea is to use /var/adm/sa/<dir of sa files>Looking to hear from you. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
SA2(8)								Linux User's Manual							    SA2(8)

NAME
sa2 - Write a daily report in the /var/log/sa directory. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib64/sa/sa2 DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell procedure variant of the sar command which writes a daily report in the /var/log/sa/sardd file, where the dd parameter indicates the current day. The sa2 command handles all of the flags and parameters of the sar command. The sa2 command is designed to be started automatically by the cron command. EXAMPLES
To run the sa2 command daily, place the following entry in your root or adm crontab file: 5 19 * * 1-5 /usr/lib64/sa/sa2 -A & This will generate a daily report called /var/log/sa/sardd It will also remove reports more than one week old. FILES
/var/log/sa/sardd Indicate the daily report file, where the dd parameter is a number representing the day of the month. AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), sadc(8), sa1(8), sadf(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux AUGUST 2010 SA2(8)