Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers WHy do we need both append and output directives? Post 303001576 by MadeInGermany on Monday 7th of August 2017 03:20:02 PM
Old 08-07-2017
I doubt this construct can be useful at all.
I even get strange behavior: after the command (yum -y update) is run, it takes one further command from stdin that is run but not passed to the >( ).
Maybe a bug in bash.?
I would rewrite it
Code:
yum -y update | /usr/bin/tee /var/log/file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

ipfw directives and order of precidence...

Is there a general rule I can apply when examining/editing ipfw entries? Also, does each new entry have to have a unique rule number? And, I think I can write a script to block code red infected machines (though I'm not sure it would do more than slim down my web server error message log),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

php_admin_* directives in a phpSuExec environment

Hello, Is there anyway to prevent users from modifying limits imposed by php.ini configuration in a phpSuExec configured PHP installation?? For example in server with PHP running in a module, I use php_admin_* directives: php_admin_value memory_limit 40M And users can't modify them... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append output to file

Hi, I have a script below. It get's the data from the output of a script that is running hourly. My problem is every time my script runs, it deletes the previous data and put the current data. Please see output below. What I would like to do is to have the hourly output to be appended on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output to file but append rather than overwrite?

I am running a command which has a parameter that outputs the results to a file each time it is run. Here is the command: --fullresult=true > importlog.xml Can I add the output to the file rather than creating a new one which overwrites the existing one? If not can I make the file name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the output data horizontally

Hi experts i have a simple script that fetches the count from different servers and inserts ahead of server name like below servera,1 serverb,25 serverc,35 what i want to do is now when i run this script next day i want that output to be next to the earlier one like below and if possible... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj2989
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append an output file with two columns

Hi All, can you help me with this: grep XXX dir/*.txt|wc -l > newfile.txt - this put the results in the newfile.txt, but I want to add another column in the newfile.txt, string 'YYYYY', separated somehow, which corresponds on the grep results? For example grep will grep XXX dir/*.txt|wc -l >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

md5sum output append

Hi there, I have 2 fairly simple lines I am running and both work as expected, but I am trying to append the two of them to output a single line. The first command get the MAC times of each file :- find /media/Vista/Garmin/PCBSMP2/ -type f -printf "%A+ (a) %p\n%T+ (m) %p\n%C+ (c) %p\n" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kogorman
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to a file repeating output

Hello, i'm trying to force a command to read every second from an interface watch -n1 (command) /dev/x | cat >> output but it continue to overwrite the file, without append the content Thanks and advace for help as usual regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
4 Replies

9. Programming

Use #if not defined with OR boolean logic in preprocessor directives

I am currently using Linux CentOS and programming in FORTRAN 90 using Portland 7.1 compiler. I am able to set in the preprocessor directives a flag called TEST. when I go to use logic in my code i can write #ifdef TEST execute something #endif Furthermore, if I want to negate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output in a new column?

input1 john 20 bob 30 input2 john 60 bob 100 cat input1 >> output cat input2 >> output ouput john 20 bob 30 john 60 bob 100 desired output input1 input1 input2 input2 john 20 john 60 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies
yum-updatesd.conf(5)					  yum-updatesd configuration file				      yum-updatesd.conf(5)

NAME
yum-updatesd.conf - Configuration file for yum-updatesd(8). DESCRIPTION
yum-updatesd uses a configuration file at /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf. Additional configuration information is read from the main yum.conf (5) configuration file. PARAMETERS
There is one section in the yum-updatesd configuration file, main, which defines all of the global configuration options. [main] OPTIONS The [main] section must exist for yum-updatesd to do anything. It consists of the following options: run_interval Number of seconds to wait between checks for available updates. updaterefresh Minimum number of seconds between update information refreshes to avoid hitting the server too often. emit_via List of ways to emit update notification. Valid values are `email', `dbus' and `syslog'. do_update Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically applied. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically downloaded. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to automatically download dependencies of packages which need updating as well. Defaults to False. MAIL OPTIONS
email_to List of email addresses to send update notification to. Defaults to `root@localhost'. email_from Email address for update notifications to be from. Defaults to `yum-updatesd@localhost'. SYSLOG OPTIONS
syslog_facility What syslog facility should be used. Defaults to `DAEMON'. syslog_level Level of syslog messages. Defaults to `WARN'. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf SEE ALSO
yum-updatesd(8) yum.conf(5) Jeremy Katz yum-updatesd.conf(5)