Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plink wait problem
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Plink wait problem Post 303001365 by Corona688 on Wednesday 2nd of August 2017 11:20:37 AM
Old 08-02-2017
Rather, I suspect it does not wait and sends the entire file in one giant block which gets 99% ignored.

For dealing with interactive situations like this, you'd usually use the expect language, which you can tell to wait for a matching response before sending more text. However, Windows does not have actual terminals for expect to use, so I'm unsure if this can be accomplished.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I/O wait Problem

When running top, I notice a bit more I/O wait time than usual. Is there a tool or piece of software out there that can me help evaluate the performance of these operations on my machine? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unavb
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plink problem....only works if passwd is in the script

I have a one line bat script run off a XP machine that tar's and compresses some files from a Sol 8 box. It goes something like this (a bit simplified).... plink -pw <passwd> user@host "tar -cvf - -C / tmp/a_file | compress " > a_file.tar.Z So this works....and it's worked many times. But now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait problem

Hello, I have been trying to figure out why the wait isnt waiting for the sleep process to complete till now and have found out that since sleep runs as different process and not a child process the wait isnt waiting. script: cat test|while read i do echo $i sleep 30 & done wait ps... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz, i wait your help, AWK problem

I have tracefile of three nodes (0 , 1 and 2 ) as follows: + 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 - 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 - 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 r 0.025032 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.025032 1 2 tcp 40 -------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASAADAOUI
11 Replies

7. HP-UX

echo "selall;info;wait;infolog" | /usr/sbin/cstm problem

Hello, On a HP-UX 10.20 server I've executed something similar to this command: # echo 'selall;info;wait;infolog;view;done' | /usr/sbin/cstm But it returns sometype of "argument list too long" error. I suppose there is a way to fix it by using xargs but I can't figure it out. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Problem in wait statement

Iam having a script which is used to load users and dumpfile in any given schema.Iam trying to autolog the script and have added two fucntion in it. function init_stdout_redirect { OUT_LOG=$1 OUT_PIPE=$(mktemp -u) # Create the output pipe mkfifo $OUT_PIPE # Save stdout and... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with output file plink GWAS

hi, Can anybody help me about the odd output file yielded by the following command: plink --noweb --allow-no-sex --bfile input_file --assoc --adjust --out output_file In fact, I'd like to perform a simple Bonferroni basic association test, and I obtains the following output file (extract... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boro82
1 Replies
opx25(1M)																 opx25(1M)

NAME
opx25 - execute HALGOL programs SYNOPSIS
scriptname] char] file-descriptor] file-descriptor] string] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. HALGOL is a simple language for communicating with devices such as modems and X.25 PADs. It has simple statements similar to and that are described below. Options recognizes the following options: Causes to read script as the input program. If is not specified, reads the standard input as a script. Causes to use char as the first character in the input stream instead of actually reading it from the input descriptor. This is useful sometimes when the program that calls is forced to read a character but then cannot ``unread'' it. Causes to use number for the output file descriptor (i.e., the device to use for The default is 1. Causes to use 'number' for the input file descriptor (ie, the device to use for 'expect'). The default is 0. Causes to save this string for use when is encountered in a command. Causes to turn on debugging mode. Causes to turn on verbose mode. An script file contains lines of the following types: (empty) Empty lines are ignored. Lines beginning with a slash are ignored (comments) ID ID denotes a label, and is limited to alphanumerics or string must be surrounded by double quotes. The text is sent to the device specified by the option. Non-printable charac- ters are represented as in C; i.e., as DDD, where DDD is the octal ascii character code. in a send string is the string that followed the option. Send a break "character" to the device. Here number is how many seconds to wait before giving up. 0 means wait forever, but this is not advised. Whenever string appears in the input within the time allotted, the command succeeds. Thus, it is not necessary to specify the entire string. For example, if you know that the PAD will send several lines followed by an prompt, you could just use as the string. The program etc.) is run with the args specified. Do not use quotes here. Also, the program is invoked directly (using so wild cards, redirection, etc. are not possible. If the most recent expect or run encountered an error, go to the label ID. Similar to but does not fork. Similar to but goes to standard error instead of to the device. Sets the program in debug mode. It echoes each line to as well as giving the result of each expect and run. This can be useful for writing new scripts. The command disables this feature. Sends subsequent incoming characters to This can be used in the file as a security measure, because part of the incoming data stream contains the number of the caller. There is a similar feature in it writes the time and the login name into the same logfile. The command disables this feature. Similar to but better in some cases because it sends only digits to the log file, and not other characters. The command dis- ables this feature. Sets a global timeout value. Each expect uses time in the timeout reservoir; when this time is gone, the program gives up (exit 1). If this com- mand is not used, there is no global timeout. Also, the global timeout can be reset any time, and a value of 0 turns it off. Exits with this value. 0 is success; anything else is failure. To perform a rudimentary test of configuration files, run by hand, using the option followed by the name of the script file. then sends to standard output and expects from standard input; thus you can type the input, observe the output, and use the command to see messages. See the file for a good example of HALGOL programming. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
getx25(1), uucp(1). TO BE OBSOLETED opx25(1M)