Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Source functions from variable Post 303000997 by SkySmart on Tuesday 25th of July 2017 01:36:52 AM
Old 07-25-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
What keeps you from sourcing myfunctions immediately?
Nothing really. But that still isn't portable Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of functions

Hi my shell is tcsh can I have functions in my shell scripting? Is the below shell script correct. Can I have two functions and call one of them as required. ---------- echo "functions" f1 f1 () { echo "hello" } f2 () (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

== vs -eq and functions

Hey I have a question.... what is the difference between using == vs -eq when testing in WHILE loops. I use the following test that only worked with == signs.... if why do i need == and not -eq? 2. I need to re-use some code in a couple places in this script. is functions my best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieldcc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source environment variable in script

Hi, I construct a bash script to finish some tasks. One of the task is to set up some environment variables. There is already one script file to complete the environment variables setting work. I am not able to know the detail of how to set these variables. So, I may just need to call this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gofortime
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Overwrite a Source Script Variable Value

Hello All, How do i overwrite a sourced script variable value. Sourced Script: GEN_PARAM_LIST4=""$LOG_DIR"/dwh_GenerateXMLFile.lst" GEN_PARAM_LIST4_v2=""$LOG_DIR"/dwh_GenerateXMLFile.v2.lst" I am using below statement for replacing. Script2: &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Share variable between functions

Hi, gtkdialog gui seperate buttons use seperate functions in their GUI. A variable (newFolderName) is being set in one function (funcA) and it needs to be called in another function (funcB). I thought using global variable (like in python) concept should work however it does not. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhai.nish
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Assigning a Array variable from Background Functions

I have a question on how can I assign a output of a function to a variable which is executed in background. Here is my example $ cat sample_program.sh #!/bin/ksh exec_func () { sleep 1 v=`expr $1 + 100` print $v } export OUT_ARR date for i in 1 2 do OUT_ARR=`exec_func $i` &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local variable in functions (gawk)

Hi Everybody :) I need your help, because i know a local variable in a function for example k, it is different of other variable(with the same name k) this a global variable. Is that right? dgawk> run Starting program: 3238860128818202 3 4 7 11 12 13 17 22 23 32 35 37 41 48 49 55 63 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source functions from variable

I have a functions file containing functions: file.functions: myTest () { echo "MYPWD=$(echo $(pwd))" echo "MYLOGNAME=${LOGNAME}" } myCar () { echo "MYDATE=$(date)" echo "MYUPTIME=$(uptime)" } i know i can source this file in another script using something similar to this: source... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)