Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replace only First Word in Line Post 303000930 by RudiC on Monday 24th of July 2017 05:13:33 AM
Old 07-24-2017
Anchor it at BOL: s/^load/.../...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word at a parcitular line

Could someone tell me how to replace a word at a particular line by a single SED or AWK command? e.g. I have a file with the contents below: $ cat file1 111 AAA 333 CCC 222 BBB 444 CCC I want to replace the word "CCC" with a blank to get the desired output below: 111 AAA 333 CCC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace only 1st word of a line if it comes in the subsequent lines at same postion.

I have a file like this.. Maharastra Mumbai worli Maharastra Mumbai navy maharatra Pune Maharastra Nagpur Karnataka Bangalore Karnataka Mysore Karnataka Mangalore Punjab Amritsar punjab Jalandar my expected outcome should be like this Maharastra Mumbai worli ---------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace the first word of a line if it occurs again in the next line(shell)

Hi folks, have a look into the attachment, i am not familiar with unix, can you please help me in this regard. thanks in advance, :) regards, Geeko (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print word 1 in line 1 and word 2 in line 2 if it matches a pattern

i have a file in this pattern MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangaram
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: replace multiple word on a line

Hi All, If I have a line as following: ( MA "vertical" ) How can I convert it to as below: ( BC "horizontal" ) Thanks, --Michael (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxn731
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a word with new line and /

Hi, I have been trying to replace the key word "SQL> spool off " with "/ show errors" with out double quotes in all the files in a directory. above show erros should be displayed next line Could you please help me how to do that. I have tried something like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find word in a line and output in which line the word occurs / no. of times it occurred

I have a file: file.txt, which contains the following data in it. This is a file, my name is Karl, what is this process, karl is karl junior, file is a test file, file's name is file.txt My name is not Karl, my name is Karl Joey What is your name? Do you know your name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies
FRIBIDI(1)							   User Commands							FRIBIDI(1)

NAME
fribidi - a command line interface for the fribidi library, converts a logical string to visual SYNOPSIS
fribidi [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
A command line interface for the fribidi library, Converts a logical string to visual. -h, --help Display this information and exit -V, --version Display version information and exit -v, --verbose Verbose mode, same as --basedir --ltov --vtol --levels --changes -d, --debug Output debug information -t, --test Test fribidi, same as --clean --nobreak --showinput --reordernsm -c, --charset CS Specify character set, default is UTF-8 -C, --charsetdesc CS Show descriptions for character set CS and exit --caprtl Old style: set character set to CapRTL --showinput Output the input string too --nopad Do not right justify RTL lines --nobreak Do not break long lines -w, --width W Screen width for padding, default is 80, but if environment variable COLUMNS is defined, its value will be used, --width over- rides both of them. -B, --bol BOL Output string BOL before the visual string -E, --eol EOL Output string EOL after the visual string --rtl Force base direction to RTL --ltr Force base direction to LTR --wrtl Set base direction to RTL if no strong character found --wltr Set base direction to LTR if no strong character found (default) --nomirror Turn mirroring off, to do it later --reordernsm Reorder NSM sequences to follow their base character --clean Remove explicit format codes in visual string output, currently does not affect other outputs --basedir Output Base Direction --ltov Output Logical to Visual position map --vtol Output Visual to Logical position map --levels Output Embedding Levels --changes Output information about changes between logical and visual string (start, length) --novisual Do not output the visual string, to be used with --basedir, --ltov, --vtol, --levels, --changes All string indexes are zero based Output: For each line of input, output something like this: [input-str` => '][BOL][[padding space]visual-str][EOL] [ base-dir][ ltov-map][ vtol-map][ levels][ changes] Available character sets: * UTF-8 : UTF-8 (Unicode) * CapRTL : CapRTL (Test) X * ISO8859-6 : ISO 8859-6 (Arabic) * ISO8859-8 : ISO 8859-8 (Hebrew) * CP1255 : CP1255 (Hebrew/Yiddish) * CP1256 : CP1256 (MS-Arabic) * ISIRI-3342: ISIRI 3342 (Persian) X: Character set has descriptions, use --charsetdesc to see REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs online at <http://fribidi.sourceforge.net/bugs.php>. interface version 2 Unicode version 3.2.0 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 FriBidi Project (http://fribidi.sf.net/). fribidi comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of fribidi under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. fribidi 0.10.5 April 2003 FRIBIDI(1)