Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nslookup on a variable inside script not working Post 303000835 by Corona688 on Thursday 20th of July 2017 02:12:19 PM
Old 07-20-2017
You've told us what it doesn't do, what does it do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

formatting textfile inside ksh script using awk not working

I cannot seem to get this text file to format. Its as if the awk statement is being treated as a simple cat command. I manned awk and it was very confusing. I viewed previous posts on this board and I got the same results as with the the awk command statement shown here. Please help. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing value of a variable inside a shell script

I have a continous polling happening inside a shell script on AIX. This actually calls a PL/SQL block. Is there a way I can set up a variable or pass an interrupt to end the script gracefully. I cant read from the config once the job starts running. Ideally I should change value of a variable and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshyju
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command is not working inside a script when placed in cron

Hi All, i have a cron entry like 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /amex/sssmonitor/dss_chk.ksh and the script is like #!/bin/ksh file=`uname -n` > /sunmast/projects/oasis/COREDEV/Dss$file.log > /tmp/output_sss today=`date` varb=`ps -ef | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working inside ksh script but works fine outside

Hi, I am a bit confused ,why would a sed command work fine outside of ksh script but not inside. e.g I want to replace all the characters which end with a value and have space at end of it. so my command for it is : sed -i "s/$SEPARATOR /$SEPARATOR/g" file_name This is working fine in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Nslookup working but ping not working at windows client

Hi Team we have created a DNS server at RHEL6.2 environment in 10.20.203.x/24 network. Everything is going well on linux client as nslookup, ping by host etc in entire subnet. We are getting problem in windows client as nslookup working as well but not ping. all the firewall is disabled and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect not working inside my Bash script

I am trying to execute expect command inside by small bash script to login into servers using key authentication method. My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash HOST=$1 /usr/bin/expect -c " spawn ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa root@$HOST expect -exact "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Wilson
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aliases NOT working inside bash shell script

i have defined a function ln_s() for customizing the ln command in script1.sh. more script1.sh echo "Starting Execution" ./script2.sh echo "End of Execution" ln_s(){ ] && return ln -s "$1" "$2" } My script1.sh executes another script2.sh which has the following entry more script2.sh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies
XFM_MIME.TYPES(5)							XFM							 XFM_MIME.TYPES(5)

NAME
xfm_mime.types - suffix based fall back mime type information DESCRIPTION
When xfm(1) cannot determine the type of a file using the values in xfm_magic(5), this file is used to guess a type of a file. The file shipped with xfm by default just tells to include the files ~/.mime.types and /etc/mime.types to get the system wide settings. FORMAT
There is one entry per line. Empty lines and lines starting with a hash (#) are ignored. Prior entries overwrite later ones. If a line starts with !include or include the rest of the line is treated as a filename to process before continuing with the rest of the file. (If the filename starts with a tilde followed by a slash, the tilde is replaced by the content of the HOME environment variable.) Other lines contain the name of a mime type followed by an arbitrary number of filename suffixes, separated by spaces or tabs. A file that got no other type associated by content and whose name ends with a dot followed by the specified suffix, will be treated as type mime type. Xfm only recognizes suffixes with at most 7 characters. EXAMPLES
Otherwise unidentified files anding in .c are treated as text/x-csrc: text/x-csrc c Same with .c++, cpp, cxx or cc as text/x-c++src: text/x-c++src c++ cpp cxx cc FILES
$HOME/.xfm/xfm_mime.types Unless xfm(1) is told to look at a different place via X resource Xfm.mimeTypesFile, this is the first place xfm looks for a file with the describes format. /etc/X11/xfm/xfm_mime.types If the first file does not exists, xfm(1) (unless it gets told a different place via the X resource Xfm.systemwideMimeTypesFile) looks for this file. $HOME/.mime.types General user settings normaly included from /etc/X11/xfm/xfm_mime.types /etc/mime.types General system wide settings normaly included from /etc/X11/xfm/xfm_mime.types SEE ALSO
xfm(1) xfm 20 April, 2006 XFM_MIME.TYPES(5)