Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX/Linux inventory - Open Source Post 303000261 by denisloide on Friday 7th of July 2017 01:44:59 PM
Old 07-07-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Usually your package manager (e.g. synaptic for Ubuntu) does exactly this, albeit for the node only that it manages.
But I need something that is like zabbix, an agent installed on each node that sends reports to a central node, maybe with synaptic I'll need to check each server manually.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

need open source KB software for UNIX

Anyone know of a good open source Knowledge Base software for UNIX that can connect to an Oracle back end? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ45
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux open source for admin

Hi, I have created my VM lab on redhat linux, but giving me error after updating new yum repository, its asking me for subscription. I want want switch my redhat linux lab from VM, which linux open source will be best to perform admin commands and tasks?? If possible , please provide iso file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

3. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)					       Update Notifications						UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)

NAME
update-notifier - daemon which notifies about package updates. SYNOPSIS
update-notifier [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
update-notifier puts an icon in the user's notification area when package updates are available. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows help options. --debug-hooks Enable hooks debugging. --debug-updates Enable updates/autolaunch debugging. --debug-inotify Enable inotify debugging. --debug-firmware Enable firmware debugging. --force Force start even if the user is not in the admin group. --force-use-gksu Force running all commands (update-manager, synaptic) with gksu. --startup-delay Delay startup by given amount of seconds. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. In addition, the usual GTK+ and GNOME command line options apply. See the output of --help for details. SEE ALSO
update-manager(8), synaptic(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Cheng <Vincentc1208@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 0.99.3 November 2010 UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)