Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Match exactly a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match exactly a string Post 303000114 by RudiC on Tuesday 4th of July 2017 01:40:54 PM
Old 07-04-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohank
Thanks RudiC.

I tried your solution but its failing for this case:
input:
Code:
this.something                             == 'something'.that

returns:
Code:
this.something           == 'something'.that

It doesn't consider <TAB> chars as those were not mentioned in post#1 nor in the examples. Try [[:space:]]* in lieu of the two * in my proposal.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do mask off the string that match my value?

Hi, I have a file like following, aaabb aaavv bbdddaaab fgdgjhaa bfd 12352aa dgs1xaf sdgsdyg4 How can i get the output below(mask off all the line that have "a") by using vim #aaabb #aaavv #bbdddaaab #fgdgjhaa bfd #12352aa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match in a string

Hello, Please see below line code: #!/bin/ksh set -x /usr/bin/cat /home/temp |while read line do if ] then echo "matched" else echo "nope" fi done content of filr temp is as below (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I match the particular character in the string?

Hi, I want to check out a word in the text file and generate a clear report for me to see... The text file content: Content: ............ 20120608: 20120608: ............ 20120608: .......... 2012031201: , hime] End of the file My expected output is: Full TXT: manatsu TXT:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meroko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print everything after a string match

Hi all, I'm trying to do some work on the authorized_keys file to do a check if there's any information after the hash key.. At the end of the hash key's in the file, there can be an = or == Is there a way to check if anything exists after these equals and if so print it out or else print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a string but with little difference

I want to output the records matched with a string like "abcdefg", but with one letter difference at any position. Can I do this with awk or grep? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xshang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the exact match of the string!

Hi All, I am breaking my head in trying to get a command that will exactly match my given string. I have searched net and found few of the options - grep -F $string file grep -x $string file grep "^${string}$" file awk '/"${string}"/ {print $0}' file strangely nothing seems to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help match the exact string

I just want to match "binutils1_test" only, and print the match line only lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file zbinutils1_test bbinutils1_test binutils1_test w-binutils1_test lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file |grep -w 'binutils1_test' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)