Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Accept data from file or stdin in script Post 302999520 by Neo on Thursday 22nd of June 2017 01:49:50 AM
Old 06-22-2017
Thanks for the update.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script regex help: accept only 3 file extensions

This regex is supposed to accept files with extensions 270, 276, and "txt" only. Everything else should be discarded. This is what I have. I'll spare you the rest of the code. ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" for xfile in `ls $dir | grep "$ext" | xargs`; do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep01
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script that will accept arguments

Hi, I am not very skilled using ksh scripts. How do I create a ksh script that will accept arguments and use them in the script ? I need to make this: Run this command with this argument: ./mykshprogram.ksh madsen and sometimes I need to do this: Run the ksh again with 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasselhaven
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script unix which accept two arguments

does anyone can help me with this homework, please..I am beginner in linux and I don't how to do it :( Create a script scanner.sh which will accept two arguments: the first argument is the DNS name or the IP address of a system, or a network address or an IP range, the second argument is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gennyy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suplying stdin input within script

Hi , I have script in that , i uninstall rpm using rpm -ef $rc1 now my query is rpm -ef is asking user input DO YOU Want To continue (YES/NO) for each uninstalltion. now i want to supply YES variable when it asks for above statement . so that i dont have to give user input from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX script can accept 1 to n parameters

Just for my leaning purpose, I appreciate if someone answer my question: A UNIX script can accept 1 to n parameters. For each of these parameters, write out the parameter id number and its value. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shumail
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use stdin as argument for script?

Say I had an extremely simple script called testScript.sh: #!/bin/sh echo $1 and I invoked it as: source testScript.sh <<< x or source testScript.sh <<< inputFile.txt When I do the above the values don't appear in the echo statement, and I know that is because in the echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls an Oracle SQL file who in turns call another SQL file. This same SQL file has to be run against the same database but using different username and password at each loop. The first SQL file is basically a connection test and it is supposed to sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)