Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passwd without prompt
Operating Systems SCO Passwd without prompt Post 302998790 by jochen on Wednesday 7th of June 2017 11:41:53 AM
Old 06-07-2017
Thanks for quick reply.

Same issue I've to use rcp to paste my user.data on each server which prompt a passwd :'(
May I find an other bin compilate like chpasswd or .... ????

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-08-2017 at 04:03 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwd

I have to change more then 200 User at once the password (security-dday). The programm passwd will answers (new password + again) How can i do this in a script? thanks for answers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

hello, I don't why I can't change the password, when ever I try to run passwd I get the problem??!!! unixws1:ldb> passwd passwd: Changing password for ldb Permission denied regards, me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd

Can anyone explain the second and third fields in /etc/passwd. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

passwd

Dear frnds, I have 250 users in passwd file with different passwords, how i can change the password to username+99. pls help out. regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc /etc/passwd

I have left unix for a long time.Almost forget everthing.:( Anybody can tell me what is the meaning? wc /etc/passwd 9 16 1155 /etc/passwd and $ wc -l /etc/passwd wc -l /etc/passwd 9 /etc/passwd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwd -s

Hi, I've a problem regarding understanding of result of passwd -s command. > passwd -s abc PS 05/24/12 0 441 I'm not a super user. But i need to write a simple code for checking password expiry and send an email to the team id. Is there any other command or way to achieve this?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-px] file1 file2 rcp [-px] [-r] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Rcp copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rname@rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no `:' characters, or a `/' before any `:'s). -r If any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a direc- tory. -p The -p option causes rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignor- ing the umask. By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file mod- ified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to the login directory of the specified user ruser on rhost, or your current user name if no other remote user name is specified. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using , ", or ') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. Rcp does not prompt for passwords; it performs remote execution via rsh(1), and requires the same authorization. Rcp handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rsh(1), rlogin(1) HISTORY
The rcp command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Doesn't detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. The destination user and hostname may have to be specified as ``rhost.rname'' when the destination machine is running the 4.2BSD version of rcp. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)