Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List out Process ids restarted today Post 302998785 by apmcd47 on Wednesday 7th of June 2017 10:05:14 AM
Old 06-07-2017
Could you try again and post the output here if it still doesn't work? explicitly use /usr/bin/ps and ensure you are typing etime correctly.

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

List of Thread IDs of a process

Hello, Can some one tell how to read the thread IDs of the current process in Sun Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. regards, Murali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem to track process IDs in HP-UX machine

Hello All, I need to track the exact process ID related to a particular application running on HP-UX machine. i.e. the exact functionality of fuser unix command. fuser application.log // It gives the exact process ID for application.log Since there is no provision for 'fuser' in HP-UX... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting - process and user ids...Help please

Hello all: Working on a job I was asked get a simple script to perform the following task and would like to ask for some help. I'm looking forward to learning more and diving deeper into the World of Open Source servers. I need a script for a Unix server, using as few lines as possible, that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moahten
4 Replies

5. AIX

Process ids consuming huge resources ?

Hi All what is the command to check process ids , which are running from long time and which are consuming more cpu? Also how to check, what a particular PID is running what For Ex: i have a pid :3223722 which is running since from long time, if i want to check what is this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps returning more process ids

Please help me with this question I have a tantan.sh under /home/mydir which is a caller to another script "tantan.sh" under /home/anotherdir ----------------------------------------------------------- /home/mydir/tantan.sh ------------------------------------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruincredible
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search process ids

Hi, I have four tomcat instances named PNK, PNK1, PNK2, PNK3. All are running on the same server. To kill tomcat instance I usually do below for PNK1,PNK2,PNK3 kill -9 `ps -ef|grep tomcat|grep PNK1|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'` But the above command does not work for PNK. Can some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Privilege ids list

I would like to capture the list of all users that belong to the "system" group. Or in other words all those who have privilege access on the system. Can someone please help me with a shell script/sed/awk code to obtain this please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List of all ids,groups, privilege ids

I wish to pull out a list of all user ids on the system, including the privileged ids, the groups to which they belong to. Sometimes after deleting an id also, its home dir does not get deleted or an entry is left behind in /etc/passwd. Can someone help me with a script to achieve both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
APSPREVIEW(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     APSPREVIEW(1)

NAME
apspreview -- preview PostScript file(s) as generated by apsfilter SYNOPSIS
apspreview [-Pqueue] [-Zoptions] [input...] apspreview [-h] DESCRIPTION
With apspreview you can create a PostScript representation of the file(s) you are about to print in order to check it before actually print- ing. Your file(s) will be converted to PostScript according to the queue specific configuration, and afterwards you will be able to print all or some pages from your PostScript viewer application (gv, kghostview or ghostview). OPTIONS
-h show help screen -Pqueue select a printer queue (different from the default one) -Zoptions use apsfilter command line options (comma-separated list) input... input file(s) [default: stdin] NOTES
If you use the -P option, please remember to pass the same printer queue on to the lpr(1) command. Be careful if your printer queue configuration includes a setting to create multiple pages per sheet (PS_NUP=2, PS_NUP=4 or PS_NUP=8). In order to make sure that apsfilter(1) does not repeat n-up printing, use the 1pps command line option when actually printing the file. apspreview only works correctly with entries in /etc/printcap that have been created by /usr/share/apsfilter/SETUP. All configuration set- tings will be copied from the relevant apsfilterrc files. FILES
/etc/printcap printer capability data base /usr/share/apsfilter/bin/apsfilter apsfilter script /usr/bin/aps2file tool to save apsfilter output to a file SEE ALSO
apsfilter(1), aps2file(1), apsfilter-bug(1), apsfilterrc(5), printcap(5) BUGS
See apsfilter software center - http://www.apsfilter.org/ - for new versions, bugfixes and known bugs. Please use the new tool apsfilter-bug(1) to release bug- or problem reports. It automatically presents you a form in an editor window which asks you some standard questions. If you save and quit the editor session, then this report is sent automatically via e-mail to the proper apsfilter mailinglist. If apsfilter fails to print something or prints it in a way you wouldn't expect and you want to report an apsfilter error then please save the debugging output of one print session using the new aps2file(1) utility by typing aps2file -D -Z options file > /dev/null 2> file.debug and including the debugging output in the file file.debug into the edit session of the apsfilter-bug utility, so that it is included into the mail to the apsfilter mailinglist. Please note that you need to run /bin/sh (Bourne Shell), bash or a compatible shell, so that the above mentioned output redirection works. Under C-shell (/bin/csh) or tcsh it would't work. If you don't know, then simply make sure you use the Bournce shell by typing /bin/sh or bash, then you should have no problems with redirection of stdout and stderr (> /dev/null 2> file.debug). DOCUMENTATION
See official apsfilter homepage http://www.apsfilter.org/handbook.html Apsfilter Handbook including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) USER FORUM
Please send questions to the official apsfilter help channel apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org. The above section BUGS and the file HOWTO-BUGREPORTS tells you how to report bugs. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your apsfilter installation, please read the manpage aps2file(1) and apsfilter-bug(1) as well as the Apsfilter Handbook carefully. HISTORY
The apspreview manpage has been written by Michael LoBin <phallobst@web.de> and first appeared in apsfilter V 7.1.0. BSD
Dec 27, 2001 BSD