Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro Post 302998623 by hicksd8 on Monday 5th of June 2017 06:35:55 AM
Old 06-05-2017
I posted a link with the basic steps to take which results in the mount of a new volume which was your original question.

Basically, you need to run 'discovery' against the SAN ip address to see what is offered to you. Ensure that you identify the new resource and not one that you are already using. Login to the LUN, format the LUN with the filesystem of your choice, and then mount the LUN.

If you have further question(s) then please post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

title of newly added column

Hi, I have a csv file. I need to add one column at begining of the file, It just contains one value "amr". I am able to add column but unable to put title to it. Input Data: call_id,conn_id,result,ani 1,100,hungup,7601234 2,101,hungup,7601235 Desired Output: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

Redhat 5 can't see my newly added LUN.

hi all, i have added new LUN to Redhat 5. i have already scanned LUN devices and it is confirmed that Kernel sees the newly added LUN's. i have used /proc/partitions and verified that my disks are there. However, i cannot find my disk using fdisk -l command. I am not sure what did i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisu0602
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open file and see newly added updates

Hi, I just forgot what command we can use to open a file, and then see its updates, I remember that there is an option -f ,but with what command :wall: Tx Trent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trento17
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Partitioning newly added disk to Redhat

Hi Everyone, I have added new Virtual disk to OS. The main point is I need to bring this whole Disk into LVM control, is it necessary to partition the disk using fdisk command and assign partition type as '8e', or can I directly add that disk into LVM, by running pvcreate command with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't see Newly created LUN by SAN admin

hello, i am an oracle DBA and trying to scan a newly created LUN of 200 GB on fiber channel by SAN admin.we have solaris 10 and SANtoolkit is installed.i tried following to get the new LUN at my machine. go /opt/Netapp/Santoolkit/bin and then ./sanlun lun show but i see only the existing... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to mount LUN on two linux boxs (one rw the other ro) caveat details inside

Calling all Linux GURU's. The purpose of this thread is to try an recreate what we already have stood up in my environment, however the steps i am having to produce my own. I have got multiple applications that dump the data to various LUNs, the LUNs are managed by an Enterprise SAN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcejka
11 Replies

7. Hardware

Formatting a newly created lun

Hi , I have created one new lun in my SAN storage and make it visible to my HP servers , but the fdisk -l output is somehow confusing. Do not know what to do next ---------- fdisk -l /dev/sdo1 Disk /dev/sdo1 (Sun disk label): 64 heads, 32 sectors, 10238 cylinders Units =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.sankar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS: can not checkout a newly added file

My project is on solaris 10 using cvs 1.12.13. A team member has added a new file to the repo using the add command followed by commit. When another team member executes the status command in the directory containing the new file they do not get notifiction that there is a file that needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

"Unable to Detect Newly added HDD - Redhat 5"

Hi Folks, I am unable to detected newly added HDD in my redhat-5 OS. I am expecting to get /dev/sdb. Following are the utilized commands or syntax. root@hostname% cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4 (Tikanga) echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan %... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
1 Replies

10. Linux

Identify newly attached LUN from NetApp

Hi I need to identify a newly attached LUN from NetApp on a linuxserver running uname -o GNU/Linux I have first run the df -h and got the following: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies
cmdisklock(1m)															    cmdisklock(1m)

NAME
cmdisklock - manage Serviceguard cluster lock devices. SYNOPSIS
cmdisklock check path cmdisklock [-f] reset path DESCRIPTION
cmdisklock is a tool to check the current state of a Serviceguard cluster lock device. It can also be used to reset the state of the clus- ter lock device. The need to reset the cluster lock device state could arise if the cluster lock device is replaced or becomes corrupt. A cluster lock device can be either an HP-UX LVM cluster lock or a cluster lock LUN device. HP-UX LVM cluster locks exist only on a disk in an LVM volume group. Cluster lock LUNs exist only on disks dedicated to cluster lock. cmdisklock is useful for checking either type of cluster lock and for re-initializing cluster lock LUN devices after a failure or corruption. NOTE To restore an HP-UX LVM cluster lock, use vgcfgrestore. cmdisklock will fail until vgcfgrestore is run, and cmdisklock is unnecessary as long as vgcfgbackup was done after the cluster lock was initialized. See the Managing Serviceguard manual for details. The syntax of the path option depends on the type of lock. For HP-UX LVM cluster lock disks, the syntax is VG:PV (for example: /dev/vglock:/dev/dsk/c0t0d2). For cluster lock LUN disks, the path is the disk device path. For example, /dev/sdd1 (on Linux) or /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 (on HP-UX). Options cmdisklock supports the following options: check Check the current state of the cluster lock device and report the results. reset Reset (initialize) the state of the cluster lock device. This operation should only be performed on a cluster lock LUN device. For HP-UX LVM cluster lock, use vgcfgrestore as documented in the Managing Serviceguard manual. After performing a reset, a check can be used to verify that the lock is cleared. EXAMPLES
If the cluster lock LUN device becomes corrupted and the cluster is up, messages like the following will appear in syslog. Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: WARNING: Cluster lock LUN /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is corrupt: bad label. Until this situation is cor- rected, a single failure could cause all nodes in the cluster to crash. Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: After ensuring that all active nodes in the cluster have logged this message, run 'cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2' to repair Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: Cluster lock disk /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is inaccessible Once the above messages appear in syslog on all running nodes, the following command will re-initialize the cluster lock LUN: ucd:/> cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 WARNING: Cluster lock LUN /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is corrupt: bad label. Until this situation is corrected, a single failure could cause all nodes in the cluster to crash. After ensuring that all active nodes in the cluster have logged this message, run 'cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2' to repair /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is inaccessible Resetting cluster lock device /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 Cluster lock reset completed /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is accessible cleared After the lock is restored, a message like the following appears in syslog: Mar 15 12:23:11 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: Cluster lock disk /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is accessible WARNINGS
CAUTION For cluster lock LUN, reset is a potentially destructive operation. While cmdisklock checks for known volume manager and file system use (overridden by -f), it does not validate that the device to be reset is actually used by any cluster. If -f is used on the wrong device file, loss of data may result. CAUTION Care should be taken when doing a reset when the cluster is active as there is a remote possibility that the cluster will partition right when this command is run and both nodes could end up thinking they have successfully acquired the lock. To avoid this situation, make sure cmcld has logged a message in syslog on all running nodes saying the device is inaccessble, before performing a reset. Note that it is safe to run cmdisklock when the cluster is down. RETURN VALUE
cmdisklock returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 The disk is inaccessible or is not recognized as a cluster lock. AUTHOR
cmdisklock was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmapplyconf(1m), cmviewcl(1m), vgcfgbackup(1m), vgcfgrestore(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdisklock(1m)