Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Network Manager not setting correct DNS servers Post 302998534 by Peasant on Saturday 3rd of June 2017 12:47:34 AM
Old 06-03-2017
Is this bug related to your issues (looks similar):
Bug #1671606 “DNS server from vpn connection is not being used a...” : Bugs : network-manager package : Ubuntu

This is VPN in question, but symptoms seem to be alike.

If you can, try downgrading packages mentioned in the bug and retest.

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS servers

I am supposed to setup a Domain Name Server, and I don't really know how to do this, can someone either help me, or point me in the direction of a site that has a good explination of how to do this. Thanks, Ronnie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignus7
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

My dns entries - are they correct ?

$ttl 38400 thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN SOA digiserv. admin.thedigitaldream.co.uk. ( 1033481631 10800 3600 604800 38400 ) thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN NS digiserv. thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN A 81.97.225.82 www.thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN A 81.97.225.82... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
1 Replies

3. Linux

setting primary dns

Hi, I am running Fedora 7. I seem to remember there being a command to determine the primary dns. Can anyone help me find out what it is? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
2 Replies

4. AIX

Dns Servers

My only question is Can we have two auteritative Name servers for a single domain? Just a question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

5. AIX

Servers still querying old DNS server?

Hello, I've created new DNS servers and changed all of the clients /etc/resolv.conf to point to them, but when I check the old DNS logs, I see that the clients are still querying it. Does anybody know why? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting the correct parameter

Hi Gurus, Here is the issue that I've encountered. VAR1=`hostname | tr '' ''` -> convert hostname to uppercase VAR2=`grep $VAR1 /etc/hosts | awk '{ print $1 }'` -> Since hostname is already in uppercase, grep is unable to find it in /etc/hosts. How to handle VAR2? Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

7. Linux

Setting up slave DNS?

can someone point me in the right direction im trying to setup a Slave dns server this is my named.conf file zone "website1.org" { type slave; file"mydb-for-website1-org"; notify NO; };and this is my var/named/mydb-for-website1-org $TTL 3D @ IN SOA ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gangsta
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS and Authoritative Servers

Hey everyone, I've noticed that when I do a dig command, I don't get any authoritative records back. For example a dig to cnn.com just yields: ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;cnn.com. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: cnn.com. 300 IN A 157.166.226.25 cnn.com. 300 IN ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me setting up dns and understanding it.

Hi I need to set up a dns server for Oracle 11g rac setup. I got some files (copied from friend) named.conf and related files in /var/named , i was told that this would work fine. But i am getting some issues. I am attaching the files here. The problem is dig... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)