Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Using df -g command with awk to get SQL statement Post 302998527 by vgersh99 on Friday 2nd of June 2017 06:00:35 PM
Old 06-02-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcastibl
Hi Gurus... good day;

currently I trying to run the df -g command with awk to get to convert in SQL statement, but I have some errors;

df -g | awk '{print "This is the FileSystem: " $NF, " This is LV: "$1, "This is SIZE: "$2, "This is FREE: " $3, "This is the USED% "$4}'

This on AIX operative system;

But I need replace the words "This is the...", but I dont know how to...กก

Some can help me..

best regards;

Wilmer
Once again - open your own thread AND don't double-post!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for INSERT statement

Hi, I sometimes bulk upload data in oracle. The problem is that I sometimes get an INSERT statemnt like this: INSERT INTO ALL_USER_HOTSPOT_DETAILS (USR_LOGIN,USR_LASTNAME,USR_FIRSTNAME,USR_EMAIL, PROPERTYNR) VALUES ('SABRDAG','D'AGOS','SABRINA','sabrina_d'agos@sheraton.com',70) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert unix command into Awk statement

Hi all, How can i use the below unix command in AWK . Can any one please suggest me how i can use. sed -e "s/which first.sh/which \$0/g" $shell > $shell.sal where $0=current program name(say current.sh) $shell=second.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerun sql statement

Hi, Script that I wrote only run sql query once then exit. But my requirement, I want the query can be execute a couple of time without exiting the script. How could I do it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killboy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell command output to a sql statement

Can i do this Say one command sed 's/:*/ /g' $summf is returning C1234 C2345 C3434 some no of rows, now this ouput i have to insert it into a DB table how do i do this?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read SQL statement in Script

Hi Guys.. need some urgent help... I am stuck in something badly I need to write a script which would read a sql statement (which might be a join/inner join/select/sub select etc. ) I need to read that sql statement ... and in the output I want all the table names and columns (doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issues with sql inside if statement

Hi, I have problem with the following code. My IF block is not executed. And I see "syntax error near unexpected token `)'" error for line "EOF" in the stats_function(). but when I comment the IF block I don't see this error. Kindly help me with this issue. clean_function() {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script : #!/bin/bash echo "please give app_instance_id" read app_instance_id echo "id is $app_instance_id" export app_id=app_instance_id sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakeshr
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command in inside awk statement

Hello can you please help me with below script which is meant to delete clients from multiple netbackup policies I want to run a command insdie awk statement apparelnlty this script is not working for me for i in $( cat clients_list) do bppllist -byclient $i | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add printf statement in awk command?

hi all i need to add the prinf statement in awk command for the converted comma separated output.... below is my code : Code Credits :RudiC awk -F, 'NF==2 {next} {ITM=$1 AMT=$2+0 CNT=$3+0 TOTA+=$2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
PG_PREPARE(3)															     PG_PREPARE(3)

pg_prepare - Submits a request to create a prepared statement with the given parameters, and waits for completion.

SYNOPSIS
resource pg_prepare ([resource $connection], string $stmtname, string $query) DESCRIPTION
pg_prepare(3) creates a prepared statement for later execution with pg_execute(3) or pg_send_execute(3). This feature allows commands that will be used repeatedly to be parsed and planned just once, rather than each time they are executed. pg_prepare(3) is supported only against PostgreSQL 7.4 or higher connections; it will fail when using earlier versions. The function creates a prepared statement named $stmtname from the $query string, which must contain a single SQL command. $stmtname may be "" to create an unnamed statement, in which case any pre-existing unnamed statement is automatically replaced; otherwise it is an error if the statement name is already defined in the current session. If any parameters are used, they are referred to in the $query as $1, $2, etc. Prepared statements for use with pg_prepare(3) can also be created by executing SQL PREPARE statements. (But pg_prepare(3) is more flexi- ble since it does not require parameter types to be pre-specified.) Also, although there is no PHP function for deleting a prepared state- ment, the SQL DEALLOCATE statement can be used for that purpose. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. When $connection is not present, the default connection is used. The default connection is the last connection made by pg_connect(3) or pg_pconnect(3). o $stmtname - The name to give the prepared statement. Must be unique per-connection. If "" is specified, then an unnamed statement is cre- ated, overwriting any previously defined unnamed statement. o $query - The parameterized SQL statement. Must contain only a single statement. (multiple statements separated by semi-colons are not allowed.) If any parameters are used, they are referred to as $1, $2, etc. RETURN VALUES
A query result resource on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using pg_prepare(3) <?php // Connect to a database named "mary" $dbconn = pg_connect("dbname=mary"); // Prepare a query for execution $result = pg_prepare($dbconn, "my_query", 'SELECT * FROM shops WHERE name = $1'); // Execute the prepared query. Note that it is not necessary to escape // the string "Joe's Widgets" in any way $result = pg_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Joe's Widgets")); // Execute the same prepared query, this time with a different parameter $result = pg_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Clothes Clothes Clothes")); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_execute(3), pg_send_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_PREPARE(3)