Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fill column from previous row Post 302998483 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 2nd of June 2017 12:18:28 PM
Old 06-02-2017
Hello bobbygsk,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk 'FNR==1{$2=$2 OFS OFS;print;next}!/^ /{$1=$1;VAL=$1 OFS $2 OFS $3 OFS $4;print;next} {$1=$1;print VAL,$0}' OFS="\t"   Input_file

If you have TAB delimited Input_file then add FS="\t" before OFS="\t".

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value of previous row using awk

I would like to know value for previous row, in addition to current row. How would I will get value for previous row? How can I perform this with awk? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove row if string is same as previous row

I have data like: Blue Apple 6 Red Apple 7 Yellow Apple 8 Green Banana 2 Purple Banana 8 Orange Pear 11 What I want to do is if $2 in a row is the same as $2 in the previous row remove that row. An identical $2 may exist more than one time. So the out file would look like: Blue... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill missing numbers in second column with zeros

Hi All, I have 100 files with names like this: 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat until 100.dat. My dat files look like this: 42323 0 438939 1 434 0 0.9383 3434 120.23 3 234 As you can see in the second column, some numbers are missing. I want to fill those missing places with 0's in all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fill in last column of data

Hello, I am fairly new to awk, and I have the following problem. My file has missing data in the last column, and the program I am pre-processing this file for cannot interpret correctly shortened rows (it just wraps the data around). Is there a way to force awk to create the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: timert34
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill data in column with previous value

Gents, Kindly help me. I have a file with empty values in selected column, I will like to fill the empty values with the previous value. Example Input file X 4959 30010 66727.00 20457.001 1 1441 66512.00 20234.00 20520.001 X 4959 30010 66727.00 20457.001 145 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to fill the entire row of Excel file with color based on pattern match

Hi All , I have to write one Perl script in which I need to read one pre-existing xls and based on pattern match for one word in some cells of the XLS , I need to fill the entire row with one color of that matched cell and write the content to another excel Please find the below stated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)						 1					       PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)

PDOStatement::fetchColumn - Returns a single column from the next row of a result set

SYNOPSIS
public mixed PDOStatement::fetchColumn ([int $column_number]) DESCRIPTION
Returns a single column from the next row of a result set or FALSE if there are no more rows. Note PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) should not be used to retrieve boolean columns, as it is impossible to distinguish a value of FALSE from there being no more rows to retrieve. Use PDOStatement.fetch(3) instead. PARAMETERS
o $column_number - 0-indexed number of the column you wish to retrieve from the row. If no value is supplied, PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) fetches the first column. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) returns a single column in the next row of a result set. Warning There is no way to return another column from the same row if you use PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) to retrieve data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Return first column of the next row <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); print("Fetch the first column from the first row in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchColumn(); print("name = $result "); print("Fetch the second column from the second row in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchColumn(1); print("colour = $result "); ?> The above example will output: Fetch the first column from the first row in the result set: name = lemon Fetch the second column from the second row in the result set: colour = red SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchAll(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)