Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Glusterfs not replicating
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Glusterfs not replicating Post 302998309 by davidbob on Tuesday 30th of May 2017 06:09:05 AM
Old 05-30-2017
Glusterfs not replicating (Resolved)

down vote
favorite
I have replicated glusterfs on two servers, if i create file on one server it doesnt reflect on other, if i try to heal the volume on node2 i get this error

Code:
Commit failed on node2. Please check log file for details.

glustershd.log

[2017-05-29 09:25:49.254897] E [socket.c:2267:socket_connect_finish] 0-test-client-3: connection to 192.168.15.200:49158 failed (Connection timed out)

I recently recreated these brick on AWS, since space ran out I had to recreate from snapshot. I have done it several times but now its failing on only this server.

---------- Post updated at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:16 AM ----------

resolved
Found issues with the ports and opened rules on firewall

Last edited by Corona688; 05-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Resolved
This User Gave Thanks to davidbob For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replicating restricted sam users

I'm in the process of setting up two new HP-UX 11.23 i64 servers. On my existing server (HP-UX B.11.0) we have several users defined to have restricted sam access. I'm having trouble finding those definitions and copying them over to the new servers. Is this possible - to just copy over the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

2. AIX

Command for replicating a directory

Morning all, Is there a command on AIX that can replicate/synchronise two directories? I'm after functionality similar to robocopy on Windows. Scenario: I have a directory of Oracle forms for my production system and one for my dev system, these directories start off identical. The forms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huggie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replicating many rows in unix

Hi If my input is abcdefgh ijklmnop then the output should be: abcdefgh abcdefgh abcdefgh abcdefgh ijklmnop (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replicating content using sed

if we want to replicate the content of the file twice, then we can use sed 'p' filename In the same way, if i want to replicate the content thrice or 4 times, how we can achieve in SED? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicating rows by splitting column in text file

Hi, I have flat file with following format Col1, Col2, Col3, Col4 --------------------------------- r1_c1, r1_c2, r1_c3, abc | def | efg r2_c1, r2_c2, r2_c3, abcwdw | dweweef | efg | ijk r3_c1, r3_c2, r3_c3, abaac ........... The first three columns contain only one entry per... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick2011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicating jobs, renaming outout

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to write a script that will repeat the same job several times but give the output a slightly different name each time (i.e. change or add a number at the end of the output file)? Here is the script I use to run a single job: #!/bin/bash #PBS -N job0 #PBS -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peterjb100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicating certain lines in a textfile

I am very new to to shell scripting and facing a problem that I can't seem to solve. I want to write a bash script that edits file1.txt and saves it as file2.txt. This is what the files should look like: file1: textline1 textline2 startCopy copyThis endCopy textline3 textline4 file2: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy90
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

GlusterFS

Hi, I want to share storage using glusterfs. I follow tutorial as below: https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-glusterfs-with-a-replicated-volume-over-2-nodes-on-ubuntu-14.04 But why size not same as i mount from lvm? # gluster volume info Volume Name: mysql-db Type: Replicate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Glusterfs not working

Hi Guys, Does anyone of you know what will happen if I kill glusterfs process while the gluster storage is in use? I am using glusterfs version 3.6.1, and I killed some process related to glusterfs , after that the files in the gluster storage went missing. Can anyone of you give more info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidbob
0 Replies
GlusterFS(8)							   Gluster Inc. 						      GlusterFS(8)

NAME
mount.glusterfs - script to mount native GlusterFS volume SYNOPSIS
mount -t glusterfs [-o <options>] <volumeserver>:<volumeid> <mountpoint> mount -t glusterfs [-o <options>] <path/to/volumefile> <mountpoint> DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of glusterfs(8) package, which is used to mount using GlusterFS native binary. mount.glusterfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting native GlusterFS client. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. OPTIONS
Basic options log-file=LOG-FILE File to use for logging [default:/var/log/glusterfs/glusterfs.log] log-level=LOG-LEVEL Logging severity. Valid options are TRACE, DEBUG, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL INFO and NONE [default: INFO] ro Mount the filesystem read-only Advanced options volfile-id=KEY Volume key or name of the volume file to be fetched from server transport=TRANSPORT-TYPE Transport type to get volume file from server [default: tcp] volume-name=VOLUME-NAME Volume name to be used for MOUNT-POINT [default: top most volume in VOLUME-FILE] direct-io-mode=disable Disable direct I/O mode in fuse kernel module FILES /etc/fstab A typical GlusterFS entry in /etc/fstab looks like below server1.gluster.com:mirror /mnt/mirror glusterfs log-file=/var/log/mirror.vol,ro,defaults 0 0 /etc/mtab An example entry of a GlusterFS mountpoint in /etc/mtab looks like below mirror.vol /mnt/glusterfs fuse.glusterfs rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072 0 0 SEE ALSO
glusterfs(8), mount(8), gluster(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright(c) 2006-2011 Gluster, Inc. <http://www.gluster.com> 18 March 2010 Cluster Filesystem GlusterFS(8)