Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting Post 302998274 by tvbhkishore on Monday 29th of May 2017 01:25:25 AM
Old 05-29-2017
Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All,

Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent.

I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help.

Code:
files_to_process="
abc_*.log
def_*.log
ghi_*.log
"

typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process}

the script is failing in Linux korn shell with below error.

Code:
-ksh: typeset: abc_*.log: invalid variable name

Thanks in Advance.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 05-29-2017 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repost-Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to compare file name in scp/inbox directory to file name stored inside a file in pnt/compare directory. Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Korn Shell Scripting

Hi I'm new to scripting and I don't know where to start. I need to create a script that needs to look for specific files in a specific folder then I need to return the filename, the recordcount, bytecount and checksums. Then I need to write these results into a new file. I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th0123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Korn Shell Scripting

I have made the following simple script: a=0 let a=$a+1 if "] then mailx -s "Up" abc@yahoo.com fi When I run the above script, I get the following error: # ./new.ksh ./new.ksh: ]: not found. Please tell me how to use if here? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell scripting

I am attempting to learn shell programming using o'rielly book "Learning the Korn Shell". I am finding it pretty difficult to do since the only access I have to unix boxes are running version 99 of ksh. The book utilizes ksh93 and there appear to be many differences. I can't even follow along... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison in Korn shell scripting

I have a scenario to implement in Korn shell script. Here it is.. I need to compare two values to see whether they are same or not. The issue is that the values coming in for comparison can be a string or an integer which can be determined during run time only. Which korn shell comparison... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vani123
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

korn shell scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: There is a menu driven program and there are some fields to be achived 3. Display contents of all .lst files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jainitai
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help when using Typeset in AIX Korn Shell

Guys, please help! I am currently using an AIX server however whenever I tried to use the typeset -F3, the variable is resulting with a "#". In the given example below, I declared x to be a decimal holding 3 decimal places = 1.455. However whenever I tried to echo the $x, the resulting value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Korn Shell scripting

#! /bin/ksh while read line do if ] ; then echo "no data" continue; fi echo "performing operation on $line" done < prg.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog box in korn shell scripting

Does dialog box works on all kind of shells? I am using korn shell in Linux . For me dialog is not working :) is there any particular syntax or do we need to have particular OS version or shell env? #!/bin/ksh dialog --title "create file" \ --backtitle "shell script practice" \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While within while is not working in Korn shell

Hi all, I tried to execute a while within another while, but not working. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance #!/bin/ksh typeset -i i=1 typeset -i j=1 while ] do while ] do print i = $i j= $j (( j=j+1 )) done (( i=i+1)) done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1)                                                     Git Manual                                                     GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command updated the ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. create_virtual_base modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)