Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read in txt file and run a different command for each line Post 302998190 by drl on Friday 26th of May 2017 10:12:40 PM
Old 05-26-2017
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovf
If I understand you right, you are looking for a tutorial which teaches you tcsh programming. There won't be much around, since the number of tcsh programmers is, as I have the impression, very small. Even RosetteCode (Category:Programming Languages - Rosetta Code ), which hosts many obscure languages, has no entry for tcsh! You can try

A basic tutorial on the tcsh shell

but in any case also read Csh Programming Considered Harmful . While this targets csh, many of the points discussed in this text also apply to tcsh.
See also Unix Shells: Bash, Fish, Ksh, Tcsh, Zsh - Hyperpolyglot

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to read txt fileline by line

Hi , i want to read a text file line by line , is there any unix command or utility for this ? please tell me how to use it also ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read last line of a txt file?

I need to read the last file for a particular day, such as, "Jun 13" because the CSV file is cumulative for the entire day, so I don't want all the previous files, I just want the last file, for that day. I ran an 'ls -al | grep "June 13" > myLs.txt' (simplified) to list all files from that day.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to read the last line in a txt file

i'm a beginner in shell and i have a txt file that is updating every second or msec so i need a program to read the last line of this txt file is this possible to do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delete numbers at beginning of txt file line

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt awk 'NR%2==0' test1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: li_bi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line and run a different command according to the output

Hi. I'm trying to write a script that reads a line on a file and runs a different command for a different line output. For example, if it finds the word "Kuku" on the line it sends mail to Kuku@kuku.com. Otherwise, it sends mail to Lulu@lulu.com. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doojek9
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 2 lines from File, Run Command based off output

Okay, so I have a file containing line after line of three digit numbers. I need a script that does an action based on the last two numbers in this list. So.... To get the last two numbers, I can have the script do tail -2 filename.txt But where I run into trouble is as follows. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat command with new variable for each line in txt file

Well here is my question. Let's say I have this Script: find /var/mobile/ maxdepth -2 name "$x" >> /"$x".txt The thing is I want to repeat this script and pull out a variable from a text file like this (each line = new variable $x and another run of the whole command) Thanks for... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
27 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read workstation list from file und run command

Hi, how do I read in a file which includes a list of workstations and then run a command for each workstation ? I am unclear which command to use to read in , or is this not possible ? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and run a command

Hi I have jobs (some 1000) defined in a file and I want to read those jobs and run a a command. For example: jobs.txt abc efg I want to read the entire file and run the following command Delete -JOB "abc" Deleteing abc... Delete -JOB "efg" Delete efg... Can somebody help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)