Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating su ( sudo ) login
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Automating su ( sudo ) login Post 302997261 by Corona688 on Wednesday 10th of May 2017 11:15:06 AM
Old 05-10-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkidhadha
I saw an option with sudo -S ( where the input is not taken from terminal ) echo -e 'password' | sudo -S su root
Whenever you find yourself trying to do echo password | secure_tool or secure_tool 'commandline password' now is the time to rethink your strategy, as in the 21st century, no security system will accept a stored password without a fight.

There are two ways forward.
  1. Install insecure, third-party cracking tools which will make the path of maximum resistance just barely possible.
  2. Try some other way.

Quote:
I am not fine with editing the sudoers file as anyone can then login with this id without password.
Only if you allow sudoers to allow anyone to login to this id without a password. You can also tell sudo to only let some or one ID do so. Or only let someone in a particular group to do so. Or both.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in passing passwd to login into a sudo account

Hi Gurus, I have small issue... I used to pass the passwd for sudo commands like below, gzcat ~/passwd.gz | sudo su - <villin> >> eof ------ ----- ------ eof And it was able to login into "villin" sudo account successfully. But now, I'm using the same in another script for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo login issue

I logged in through ssh, but can't re-login as root. sudo login Arch login: root Password: Login incorrect Arch login: But I am sure my password is right. Why? But on local tty1, this works. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing password to sudo login

Hi All, I am trying use the below su command to execute a shell script using different user. Caould some one please help me out as to how to pass the pass the password when prompted or is there any way to execute the shell script using other user. I have had look at the other posts in forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for sudo, login and output

Hello All , Hope everyone is doing great ! can someone help me for the below problem statement with the help of a script . 1. I am having couple of Linux Servers a. I need to login and need to do a sudo b. need to give a user id , which will take to user directory`s homedirectory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)