Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slight error with my perl script that I could use some help on Post 302997223 by Eric1 on Wednesday 10th of May 2017 12:35:57 AM
Old 05-10-2017
Ahh okay, thank you for the tips and help Aia

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having a slight problem!?

having a slight problem. any clues would help. Can't seem to get any output when I run a simple echo script. grex.cyberspace.org% chmod a+x test grex.cyberspace.org% ls -l test -rwxrwx--x 1 gordybh cohorts 20 Dec 13 20:22 test grex.cyberspace.org% cat test #!/bin/sh echo test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCCS - A slight scripting issue

I used %H%M for hours and minutes within a date variable, to latch the date/time onto the end of a file, the script it was in is now under SCCS control and the %H% is a predefined parameter for SCCS, so it tags a date with a "/" character in it. Is there a way to tell SCCS to ignore anything... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangent
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CMP two files with slight difference and return code

I am comparing two files which are identical except for the timestamp which is incorporated within the otherwise same 372 bytes. I am using the command: cmp -s $Todays_file $Yesterdays_file -i 372 When I run the command without the -i 372 it shows the difference i.e. the timestamp.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script error

Hi all I keep getting a segmentation fault error while running the script below. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use GD::Graph::pie; use strict; use warnings; sub trim($) { my $string = shift; $string =~ s/^\s+//; $string =~ s/\s+$//; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a slight modification to my PERL script

Hi all, So I have a script that reads a file called FILEA.txt and in that file there are several columns. The ones that are most important are the $name $start and $stop. So currently the script takes values between the start and stop (inside) by using a program called fastamd. But what I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two files with a slight twist

Hi, a brief introduction on the soundex python module(english sound comparison): import soundex.py a = "neu yorkk" b = "new york city" print soundex.sound_similar(a, b) output: 1 Suppose I want to merge two files, called mergeleft.csv and mergeright.csv Mergeleft.csv: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
0 Replies

7. Linux

Slight Linux Upgrade

Hello Ya'all: I hope Zaxxon is still around. I read a posting about compiling/updating the kernel from source. I'm doing a very specific upgrade, and am wondering if there is anything different or if there's an easy way to do this: I am using kernel version 2.6.18-92, and have done some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Statue
1 Replies

8. Programming

getting error in my perl script

hi Here is my code written to identify the particular position which is after a string (chr*). my input file looks some thing like this aaanbb:anhn:iuopl:12345 chr1 12345 asnmkol * # kjiiii.....anmkij:lpolk:lopll:abnnj chr5 123222 polko * dddfgg .... aaanbb:anhn:iuopl:aanjuj chr2 44345 asnmkol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Slight variation from the desired results

Hello, I am writing a small one liner script to display the tables in my database. I am working with Centos 5.5 and postgresql the command is "psql -c "\dt" | awk '{print$3}'" I just want the 3rd column from the result set, but now the problem is I am getting the third column but with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies
xpaconvert(7)							SAORD Documentation						     xpaconvert(7)

NAME
XPAConvert - Converting the XPA API to 2.0 SYNOPSIS
This document describes tips for converting from xpa 1.0 (Xt-based xpa) to xpa 2.0 (socket-based xpa). DESCRIPTION
The following are tips for converting from xpa 1.0 (Xt-based xpa) to xpa 2.0 (socket-based xpa). The changes are straight-forward and almost can be done automatically (we used editor macros for most of the conversion). o The existence of the cpp XPA_VERSION directive to distinguish between 1.0 (where it is not defined) and 2.0 (where it is defined). o Remove the first widget argument from all send and receive server callbacks. Also change first 2 arguments from XtPointer to void *. For example: #ifdef XPA_VERSION static void XPAReceiveFile(client_data, call_data, paramlist, buf, len) void *client_data; void *call_data; char *paramlist; char *buf; int len; #else static void XPAReceiveFile(w, client_data, call_data, paramlist, buf, len) Widget w; XtPointer client_data; XtPointer call_data; char *paramlist; char *buf; int len; #endif o Server callbacks should be declared as returning int instead of void. They now should return 0 for no errors, -1 for error. o The mode flags have changed when defining XPA server callbacks. The old S flag (save buffer) is replaced by freebuf=false. The old E flag (empty buffer is OK) is no longer used (it was an artifact of the X implementation). o Change NewXPACommand() to XPAcmdNew(), with the new calling sequence: xpa = NewXPACommand(toplevel, NULL, prefix, NULL); is changed to: xpa = XPACmdNew(xclass, name); o Change the AddXPACommand() subroutine name to XPACmdAdd (with the same calling sequence): AddXPACommand(xpa, "file", " display a new file requires: filename", NULL, NULL, NULL, XPAReceiveFile, text, NULL); is changed to: XPACmdAdd(xpa, "file", " display a new file requires: filename", NULL, NULL, NULL, XPAReceiveFile, text, NULL); o The XPAXtAppInput() routine should be called just before XtAppMainLoop() to add xpa fds to the Xt event loop: /* add the xpas to the Xt loop */ XPAXtAddInput(app, NULL); /* process events */ XtAppMainLoop(app); o Change NewXPA() to XPANew() and call XPAXtAddInput() if the XtAppMainLoop routine already has been entered: xpa = NewXPA(saotng->xim->toplevel, prefix, xparoot, "FITS data or image filename options: file type", XPASendData, new, NULL, XPAReceiveData, new, "SE"); is changed to: sprintf(tbuf, "%s.%s", prefix, xparoot); xpa = XPANew("SAOTNG", tbuf, "FITS data or image filename options: file type", XPASendData, new, NULL, XPAReceiveData, new, "SE"); XPAXtAddInput(XtWidgetToApplicationContext(saotng->xim->toplevel), xpa); o Change XPAInternalReceiveCommand() to XPACmdInternalReceive() remove first argument in the calling sequence): XPAInternalReceiveCommand(im->saotng->xim->toplevel, im->saotng, im->saotng->commands, "zoom reset", NULL, 0); is changed to: XPACmdInternalReceive(im->saotng, im->saotng->commands, "zoom reset", NULL, 0); o Change DestroyXPA to XPAFree: DestroyXPA(im->dataxpa); is changed to: XPAFree(im->dataxpa); SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpaconvert(7)