Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having trouble getting my interactive perl script to work properly Post 302997046 by Aia on Saturday 6th of May 2017 06:23:40 PM
Old 05-06-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1
I changed the || to && but I'm still getting the same thing where it just continually prompts the user to enter a key, even if they enter in 'q', 'Q', or 'c'
Remove the ENTER or RETURN key out of the captured input.

Code:
my $input = <STDIN>;
chomp $input;
if (($input ne "q") && ($input ne "Q") && ($input ne "c")) {
}

or, ignore anything else after the first character.
Code:
my $input = <STDIN>;
if($input !~ /^[Qqc]/) {
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Network doesn't work properly

Hi to all! I want to learn step by step easily how to configure my Solaris for network. I know alot about Solaris Network configuration. But I have some problems. When I install Solaris, and I plug-in my network cable to Solaris. Then I run: ifconfig -a plumb then I do ifconfig bge0 dhcp... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SecureXCode
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Big Trouble At Work!

People are misbehaving and doing things on the network they shouldn't be while at work, and it's killing the server. So the boss wants a plan on how to deal with these issues ASAP. What i need to know is how to use iptables to filter traffic coming to a specific ip... to say "this is allowed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShawnaB
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script doesnt work properly when crontab

Hi, I have a script which does a tar and sends it to another server as backup. Script is as below # Locations to be backed up. Seperate by space BACKUP_LOCATIONS=/repos/subversion BACKUP_BASE_FOLDER=/bakpool BACKUP_FILE_NAME_ROOT=svn-backup START_TIME_DISP=`date` START_TIME=`date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
11 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gvim doesn't work properly

Hello All, I am using gvim ( redhat linux machine). backspace doesnot work properly. can some boby suggest a solution ? i have checked with older version. backspace works in it. Thanks Shiv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiv.emf
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

TAB button doesn't work properly

Hi, I have list of files under a directory as shown below. /home/root -rw-r--r-- 1 user 0 Aug 27 06:08 rough.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 user 0 Aug 27 06:08 test.sh Now when i use to read the rough.txt, i did cat r and then pressed TAB button. Below is the resulting string after pressing TAB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an interactive perl script from within a while-read loop

Hi, I have a perl script that prompts for a user to enter a password before doing what it does. This works well if I call it directly from a bash script #!/bin/bash /path/to/perl/script $arg1 $arg2 But, when I try to enclose this within a while read loop, the perl script is called but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't get mv to work properly

Trying to use mv in a shell script but for some reason this does not work: for f in *.wav;do mv $f $f.bwf;done I get this: usage: mv source target mv source ... directory So it's like I'm using 'mv' wrong but I can't see how. This works so the contens of the folder is read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oortone
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)