Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a file passed as an argurement and assessing the files syntax Post 302996915 by Gurdza32 on Thursday 4th of May 2017 06:44:48 AM
Old 05-04-2017
Sorry I am new to the site and was not aware of the rules

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to configure the lp system to filter files passed to it

I registered a printer hp123 on Sun Solaris Server. I think my printer is expecting a carriage return and linefeed combination at the end of each line (DOS standard), but unix files only have linefeeds at the end of each line. How can I configure the lp system to filter files passed to it?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file name as soon as that files arrives into a folder

Hi, Thanks in Advance.. i have the following requirement, some one please help me.. An unix shell script has to pick up the file name from a folder as soon as that file comes into that folder. Regards, Alo (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get files names passed to a script

I need to get files names passed to a script. Here number of files passed may vary like MyScript.ksh file1 file2 file3..... so on I am writting script somthing like this set -A Files while (i<=$#) do File=$i let i=i+1 done Is this correct way doing this. Is there any other way.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Storing Multiple Files and reading each line in each file.

How would I go about storing multiple file paths in a directory that begin like: 20080402* and run a loop that reads each line of each file thats in a given directory. So far this is what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo "ENTER Reprint Date (YYYYMMDD): " read ReprintDate echo ""... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recommended reading to understand syntax

Do you have any recommendations for books to read or websites to visit that cover syntax information about when to use square brackets, brackets, braces, apostrophes, quotation marks etc. in a shell script. I have little troubling on the command line but it all goes to pot when I am coding shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SusanDAC
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading files under a folder and formatting content of each file

I have 'n' number of files in a folder .each file in the folder "myfolder" is having the content like. COLNAME ------------ AAAAAA BBBBBB CCCCCC DDDDDD ... ... ... ZZZZZZ 26 recrod(s) selected. My request is by reading each file in "myfolder" and format each file such a way... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading files and pasting in another text file

Hi all, I have certain task to do, which involves reading the first column of 1.txt file. This is variable "event" 28434710 23456656 3456895 & finding this "event" in some other text file 2.txt, which has information in the following format #Zgamma: 1 run: 160998 event: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading the dates from a file & moving the files from a directory

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to read a file & get the values of SUB_DATE. Once the dates are found, i need to move the files based on these dates from one directory to another. ie, this is how it will be in the file, SUB_DATE = 20120608,20120607,20120606,20120606... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)							 1							  NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)

nsapi_virtual - Perform an NSAPI sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool nsapi_virtual (string $uri) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_virtual(3) is an NSAPI-specific function which is equivalent to <!--#include virtual...--> in SSI ( .shtml files). It does an NSAPI sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you'd parse through webserver. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. You cannot make recursive requests with this function to other PHP scripts. If you want to include PHP scripts, use include(3) or require(3). Note This function depends on a undocumented feature of the Netscape/iPlanet/Sun webservers. Use phpinfo(3) to determine if it is avail- able. In the Unix environment it should always work, in Windows it depends on the name of a ns-httpdXX.dll file. Read the note about subrequests in the NSAPI section (UNIX, Windows) if you experience this problem. PARAMETERS
o $uri - The URI of the script. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)