Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl to parse a variety of formats Post 302996751 by cmccabe on Tuesday 2nd of May 2017 02:37:17 AM
Old 05-02-2017
Since my input could contain multiple format types, I use multiple regex to capture them. I see your point but need to redo for each condition. They aren't in every file, but the format is often different.

For example,

A SNP regex would not work for an insertion (comments on each line). Thank you very much for the suggestion and help, it is working ).

Last edited by cmccabe; 05-02-2017 at 08:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

print image files to variety printer models

Hi, I am currently working on a windows platform (2000 and XP) and was wondering if there are today solutions for the task I have. I need to print image files onto a variety of inkjet printer models, most epson non-postscript. Some of the models I know but new models are added almost every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jokofix007
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing date formats in Perl: i.e. Jul/10/2007 -> 20070710 (yyyymmdd) - Perl

Hi , This script working for fine if pass script-name.sh Jul/10/2007 ,I want to pass 20070710(yyyymmdd) .Please any help it should be appereciated. use Time::Local; my $d = $ARGV; my $t = $ARGV; my $m = ""; @d = split /\//, $d; @t = split /:/, $t; if ( $d eq "Jan" ) { $m = 0 }... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking if-else loop and variety of comparisions

Hello Friends, Im trying to write a script to invoke nagios. In order to do this I grep some words that comes from output of some backup scripts. When there is "End-of-tape detected" in directed output logs it should give alarm. First I would like to know if there is any better way to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse

Hi I'm writing simple perl script to parse the ftp log as below: Local directory now /home/user/testing 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,254,19,34,8,228). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 09-25-09 02:33PM 25333629 abc.tar 09-14-09 12:50PM 18015752... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netxus
1 Replies

5. Programming

Perl parse string

Hi Perl Guys I have another perl question I have the following code that i have written Getopt::Long::config(qw( permute bundling )); my $OPT = {}; GetOptions($OPT, qw( ver=s help|h )) or die "options parsing failed"; This will allow the user to do something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to parse a file with mixed formats in columns

Greetings I have a file formatted like this: rhino grey weight=1003;height=231;class=heaviest;histology=9,0,0,8 bird white weight=23;height=88;class=light;histology=7,5,1,0,0 turtle green weight=40;height=9;class=light;histology=6,0,2,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to parse

The below code works great to parse out a file if the input is in the attached SNP format ">". perl -ne 'next if $.==1; while(/\t*NC_(\d+)\.\S+g\.(\d+)()>()/g){printf("%d\t%d\t%d\t%s\t%s\n",$1,$2,$2,$3,$4,$5)}' out_position.txt > out_parse.txt My question is if there is another format in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:: mass replacement of converting C code formats to tgmath.h

hello, i have a lot of C old code I'm updating to C11 with tgmath.h for generic math. the old code has very specific types, real and complex, like cabsl, csinhl, etc usually for simple bulk replacements i would do something simple like this perl -pi -e 's/cosl/cos/g' *.c the reference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to parse syslog with perl

logver=56 idseq=63256900099118326 itime=1563205190 devid=FG-5KDTB18800138 devname=LAL-C1-FGT-03 vd=USER date=2019-07-15 time=18:39:49 logid="0000000013" type="traffic" subtype="forward" level="notice" eventtime=1563205189 srcip=11.3.3.17 srcport=50544 srcintf="SGI-CORE.123" srcintfrole="undefined"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parse apache log file with three different time formats

Hi, I want to parse below file and Write a function to extract the logs between two given timestamp. Apache (Unix) Log Samples - MonitorWare The challenge here is there are three date and time format. First :- 07/Mar/2004:16:05:49 Second :- Sun Mar 7 16:02:00 2004 Third :- 29-Mar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
6 Replies
IPRESEND(1)						      General Commands Manual						       IPRESEND(1)

NAME
ipresend - resend IP packets out to network SYNOPSIS
ipresend [ -EHPRSTX ] [ -d <device> ] [ -g <gateway> ] [ -m <MTU> ] [ -r <filename> ] DESCRIPTION
ipresend was designed to allow packets to be resent, once captured, back out onto the network for use in testing. ipresend supports a num- ber of different file formats as input, including saved snoop/tcpdump binary data. OPTIONS
-d <interface> Set the interface name to be the name supplied. This is useful with the -P, -S, -T and -E options, where it is not otherwise possi- ble to associate a packet with an interface. Normal "text packets" can override this setting. -g <gateway> Specify the hostname of the gateway through which to route packets. This is required whenever the destination host isn't directly attached to the same network as the host from which you're sending. -m <MTU> Specify the MTU to be used when sending out packets. This option allows you to set a fake MTU, allowing the simulation of network interfaces with small MTU's without setting them so. -r <filename> Specify the filename from which to take input. Default is stdin. -E The input file is to be text output from etherfind. The text formats which are currently supported are those which result from the following etherfind option combinations: etherfind -n etherfind -n -t -H The input file is to be hex digits, representing the binary makeup of the packet. No length correction is made, if an incorrect length is put in the IP header. -P The input file specified by -i is a binary file produced using libpcap (i.e., tcpdump version 3). Packets are read from this file as being input (for rule purposes). -R When sending packets out, send them out "raw" (the way they came in). The only real significance here is that it will expect the link layer (i.e. ethernet) headers to be prepended to the IP packet being output. -S The input file is to be in "snoop" format (see RFC 1761). Packets are read from this file and used as input from any interface. This is perhaps the most useful input type, currently. -T The input file is to be text output from tcpdump. The text formats which are currently supported are those which result from the following tcpdump option combinations: tcpdump -n tcpdump -nq tcpdump -nqt tcpdump -nqtt tcpdump -nqte -X The input file is composed of text descriptions of IP packets. SEE ALSO
ipftest(1), ipsend(1), iptest(1), bpf(4), ipsend(5), tcpdump(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Needs to be run as root. BUGS
Not all of the input formats are sufficiently capable of introducing a wide enough variety of packets for them to be all useful in testing. If you find any, please send email to me at darrenr@pobox.com IPRESEND(1)