Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awkscript to reduce words delimited with comma on right hand to columns Post 302996686 by RudiC on Sunday 30th of April 2017 01:54:03 PM
Old 04-30-2017
Why not adapt / improve your own approach:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS="="}                                                              
{n=split($1,a,",");for (i=1;i<=n;i++) print a[i]"="$2}' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Delimited file

I have a comma delimited file that sometimes has addresses details in. The problem is that the address detail can be seen as: "Sample House, Sample Road". When I run a script specifying the file is comma delimited I would like it to ignore comma's that are in between speech marks. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating comma delimited words

Hi, I have file with text ________________________________ GROUP:firstname1.lastname1,first_name2.last_name2,first_name3.last_name3 HEAD:firstname.lastname ________________________________ I need help to pick the names separately ie.. Need out put as var1 =firstname1.lastname1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rider29
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comma delimited file

Hi All, I have output of sql saved in comma separated file. Now i need to read line by line this file and assign word to a unix variable for further processing Eg: Test file world, 1, 3, 4 earth,2,3,4,5 moon,1,2,3,4 Output should be word1= world word2=1 echo " first word... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i comma-delimited last field in line?

Awk gurus, Greatly appreciate for any kind of assistance from the expert community Input line: abc,11.22.33.44,xyz,7-8-9-10 pqr,111.222.333.444,wxy,1-2-3 def,22.33.44.55,stu,7-8 used the gsub function below but it changes all of the "-" delimiter: awk 'gsub("-",",")' Desired... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

ASCII comma-delimited

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi Guys, I am new on the scripting world and would like ask for help if you can. Here are my questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahiwaga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose comma delimited data in rows to columns

Hello, I have a bilingual database with the following structure a,b,c=d,e,f The right half is in a Left to right script and the second is in a Right to left script as the examples below show What I need is to separate out the database such that the first word on the left hand matches the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify comma delimited file columns.

Please help me to update a file which contains date values as below:- From:- "1912108",20161130,"2016-12-01-00.00.00.000000","2016-12-01-08.37.12.000000" "1912108",20161201,"2016-12-02-00.00.00.000000","2016-12-02-08.28.22.000000" To:- "1912108",2016-11-30,"2016-12-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaVM
7 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)