Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Supress java error output to shell Post 302996632 by jim mcnamara on Friday 28th of April 2017 03:19:58 PM
Old 04-28-2017
There is a separate log for the java engine

try the command:

Code:
java --version

It shows some of the components as well.

And the java console for debugging small components:
Java Console, Tracing, and Logging

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Supress screen output...

I need to suppress the output to the screen. I am appending to a file so do not need the output on the screen in the CLI environment. eg. cat $HOME/somefile >> $HOME/anotherfile I am doing this a number of times with SQL output files so I can look at the finished file not on the screen in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lslpp output for Java package

Hi , in the process of installing HBA's(IBM 6228's) for AIX 6F1 which was recently upgdared to 5.3 ML1 after the upgrade lppchk -v output displays the following. >lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I supress certian output with find?

I am using this command find . -type f -mmin "+$t" > holder Unfortunatley that is also printing files that begin with a period. Such as .bash_history. What can I do to supress files that begin with a period? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress ' quotes in a select statement inside Shell Script

Hi I have a shell script in which a string variable is saving following query. SqlQuery="select a||'|'||b||'|'||c from dual" I am trying to pass above query as a parameter to some script but its giving me error for "single quote". I tried suppressing it using \' instead of just ' but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Supress error message

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
2 Replies

6. Programming

Output to a file in java

I wanna remove element from xml file, when I run the following code I get the correct output when I'm outputing to console but when I'm trying to ouptup the same code to a file I get the same / original xml file without removed element, here is the code : import java.io.*; import... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

supress error messages

Hi I have a script which connects to oracle using sqlplus if ! check_sqlplus "$ORACLE_SID" ; then echo "Unable to use sqlplus for sid $ORACLE_SID" return 1 else echo "attempting to connect to database" echo $ORACLE_HOME echo $ORACLE_SID echo "Status before entering... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to correct NMONVisualizer java error. Can someone help to decode this java error?

Hello AIX and Java gurus, I have a java error that I have no clue how to resolve. I am trying to run the popular NMONVisualizer utility against a NMON dataset and getting the error as shown below: /db2storage/NMON >java -jar NMONVisualizer_2015-02-02.jar com.ibm.nmon.ReportGenerator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: okonita
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to supress output from tar and unzip commands?

I have the below two commands in my script. tar -xf hello.tar unzip -o tempp.zip When i run the script i see the below on my standard out. How can i suppress output coming from both the tar and unzip on my standard output. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to supress error message with custom text

After a bash function is run the below file is produced: out_name.txt tab-delimeted Input Errors and warnings AccNo Genesymbol Variant Reference Sequence Start Descr. Coding DNA Descr. Protein Descr. GeneSymbol Coding DNA Descr. GeneSymbol Protein Descr. Genomic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD