Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find number begins with 24
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find number begins with 24 Post 302996542 by scriptor on Thursday 27th of April 2017 06:34:51 AM
Old 04-27-2017
Hi

sorry, but I am not able to understand you suggestion

the number is present on the 18th field in file.

I tried below syntax but it is giving correct output on few nodes and on few nodes it is giving incorrect value

Code:

cat v.txt | cut -d',' -f18 | grep -i ^24 | wc -l

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remane a file that begins with $$$

I have a file named: $$$.p0001.ps how can I rename this file? I'm using the C shell. -westcoldspring (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: westcoldspring
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk]: Row begins by random number and field 10 is greater than 10.00%

Hello! I wish to extract the pid where CPU is above 10% last pid: 22621; load averages: 4.71, 5.04, 5.13 15:08:34 221 processes: 212 sleeping, 2 running, 1 stopped, 6 on cpu CPU states: %... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to tar directories that begins with 'sample_ZZZ'????

Hi, I have a bunch of images (8k) in several directories. I want to tar these directories up and unzip them to development and production with the same path. Example: /about/images/sample_01 /about/images/sample_02 /about/images/sample_03 /about/images/lorem_ipsum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylee80
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the column that begins with certain words/numbers

Hi guys, I have got a file which doesn't have the same number of columns in each line. I would like to print the second column and the one that begins with 33= and has some numbers after '33=' Can you please help me asap? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandra_ola
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl if field begins with.......

Hi, This must be simple but I can't get it to work. I have the follow code to insert the contents of a file into an array and then I want to print the value of a container where all of the records in another container within the array start with 33 (that's not all I want to do but it is all I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to line if begins with pattern1 AND does not end with pattern2

Hello, I'm looking for sed solution to change ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> ... to ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> ... I.e., if lines beginning with <li> do not end with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)