Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996439 by apoklyps3 on Wednesday 26th of April 2017 08:27:09 AM
Old 04-26-2017
unfortunately the firmare image is not public. the router is branded by the ISP and automaticaly updates the firmware.
My guess is that they put the firmware somewhere and it gets updated on a reboot.
Hopefuly I'll be able to intercept it next time there will be an update.
I have probed /bin/busybox myself and it seems to be an ELF-64 kind of executable...not sure what to make of that ...
the files I attached before were from mtdblock0 and 1 , because when trying to do it on mtd0 and 1 i got "dd: can't open '/dev/mtd0': No such file or directory",wich is weird because they are mentioned in "cat /proc/mnt"
In /dev I have mtd from 5 to 7 and mtdblock from 0 to 7. which of them do you want me to post?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
EFICHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       EFICHECK(8)

NAME
eficheck -- check the integrity of the x86 flash chip firmware. SYNOPSIS
eficheck --integrity-check [-h EFI-hash-input-file] [-b EFI-binary-input-file] eficheck --show-hashes [-h EFI-hash-input-file] [-b EFI-binary-input-file] eficheck --generate-hashes [-h EFI-hash-output-file] [-p output-path] eficheck --save [-b EFI-binary-output-file] eficheck --cleanup [-b EFI-binary-input-and-output-file>] eficheck --version eficheck --help DESCRIPTION
eficheck is a tool to check the x86 flash chip firmware. The following commands can be used with eficheck: --integrity-check hashes portion of the firmware and compares against known-good hashes --generate-hashes outputs hashes for a given firmware to be used as known-good hashes --show-hashes shows the hashes for the sub-sections of the firmware which are measured --save saves the full flash chip contents to a binary file. Requires root privileges. --cleanup zeros any privacy-sensitive data (such as nvram), enabling the file to be shared for analysis. --version print out eficheck version number. --help display a short help. EXAMPLES
'eficheck --save -b firmware.bin' Save this system's EFI firmware as firmware.bin 'eficheck --cleanup -b firmware.bin' Overwrite the EFI variables portion of the firmware.bin, in place 'eficheck --generate-hashes' Analyze the current system's installed EFI firmware, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in current folder File name(s) will be selected according to image's EFI version(s) 'eficheck --generate-hashes -b firmware.bin' Analyze the firmware.bin, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in current folder. Filename will be based on the detected firmware version. 'eficheck --generate-hashes -p /usr/local/allowlists' Analyze the current system's installed EFI firmware, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in /usr/local/allowlists folder 'eficheck --integrity-check' Attempt to automatically determine which firmware you are running, and integrity check against the appropriate file, and report any differences 'eficheck --integrity-check -h /usr/libexec/firmwarecheckers/eficheck/EFIAllowListShipping.bun- dle/allowlists/IM171.88Z.0105.B08.1604111319.0.ealf' Compare the current system's EFI firmware against the Apple-provided expected measurements for an "iMac17,1" at firmware revision B08, and report any differences 'eficheck --integrity-check -h hash.ealf -b firmware.bin' Compare the given hash file against against the given firmware image and report any differences 'eficheck --show-hashes' Print the hashes for the current system's installed EFI firmware to stdout 'eficheck --show-hashes -b firmware.bin' Print the hashes for the given firmware.bin to stdout 'eficheck --show-hashes -h IM171.88Z.0105.B08.1604111319.0.ealf' Print the hashes for the given allowlist to stdout May 25, 2017