Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996390 by apoklyps3 on Tuesday 25th of April 2017 12:57:26 PM
Old 04-25-2017
it's a router. couldn't care less if they apreciate it or not, I might just even disable their remote connection to it if I get my way.
Hopefuly I will intercept de next firmware and get what I need.
it's not openwrt compatible yet and I wouldn't flash it to that anyway , because it's a gigabit router and being closed source openwrt would come without hardware NAT , wich means only 100MBps speed limit.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
MRINFO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 MRINFO(8)

NAME
mrinfo - Displays configuration info from a multicast router SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mrinfo [ -d debug_level ] [ -r retry_count ] [ -t timeout_count ] multicast_router DESCRIPTION
mrinfo attempts to display the configuration information from the multicast router multicast_router. mrinfo uses the ASK_NEIGHBORS IGMP message to the specified multicast router. If this multicast router responds, the version number and a list of their neighboring multicast router addresses is part of that response. If the responding router has a recent multicast version num- ber, then mrinfo requests additional information such as metrics, thresholds, and flags from the multicast router. Once the specified mul- ticast router responds, the configuration is displayed to the standard output. INVOCATION
"-d" option sets the debug level. When the debug level is greater than the default value of 0, addition debugging messages are printed. Regardless of the debug level, an error condition, will always write an error message and will cause mrinfo to terminate. Non-zero debug levels have the following effects: level 1 packet warnings are printed to stderr. level 2 all level 1 messages plus notifications down networks are printed to stderr. level 3 all level 2 messages plus notifications of all packet timeouts are printed to stderr. "-r retry_count" sets the neighbor query retry limit. Default is 3 retry. "-t timeout_count" sets the number of seconds to wait for a neighbor query reply. Default timeout is 4 seconds. SAMPLE OUTPUT
mrinfo mbone.phony.dom.net 127.148.176.10 (mbone.phony.dom.net) [version 3.3]: 127.148.176.10 - 0.0.0.0 (?) [1/1/querier] 127.148.176.10 - 127.0.8.4 (mbone2.phony.dom.net) [1/45/tunnel] 127.148.176.10 - 105.1.41.9 (momoney.com) [1/32/tunnel/down] 127.148.176.10 - 143.192.152.119 (mbone.dipu.edu) [1/32/tunnel] For each neighbor of the queried multicast router, the IP of the queried router is displayed, followed by the IP and name of the neighbor. In square brackets the metric (cost of connection), the threshold (multicast ttl) is displayed. If the queried multicast router has a newer version number, the type (tunnel, srcrt) and status (disabled, down) of the connection is displayed. IMPORTANT NOTE
mrinfo must be run as root. SEE ALSO
mrouted(8), map-mbone(8), mtrace(8) AUTHOR
Van Jacobson 4.2 Berkeley Distribution MRINFO(8)