Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Looking for suggestion on authentication method for UNIX/Windows Post 302996286 by solaris_1977 on Sunday 23rd of April 2017 03:43:12 PM
Old 04-23-2017
Thanks. It gives me some starting point to research on our feasible options. Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesisX
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows AD for Unix authentication

I am not an expert in Unix at all. My knowledge of Unix is average. We have a couple of Unix servers, Solaris and Linux, which run mostly web servers, and Oracle databases. Currently users have multiple user IDs for Unix and AD applications. Is it possible to make use of the Windows Active... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speriya
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX: How to check which authentication method we are using for a user?

In /etc/security/user, we can set which authentication method we use for each user. for example: test: admin = false rlogin = false SYSTEM = "NONE" I want to test whether SYSTEM=NONE (without ") is acceptable. How can I verify it? and How can we check which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quanba
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Identify which authentication method was used at logon

Experts, Is there any way to know which authentication method the user used to login into the box? I mean, is possible to identify if an active user had logged using keys or password for example? Let me clarify: we have a script that we want to allow users to execute only if they have used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmattos
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Cygwin remote ssh with key authentication method

Hi experts, I am not sure in which forum to submit this question. If this is not the correct place then please let me know where to submit this thread. My requirement is to invoke windows batch scripts from linux shell script. Hence, I have installed openssh in Cygwin on the windows machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies
NDB(6)								   Games Manual 							    NDB(6)

NAME
ndb - Network database DESCRIPTION
The network database consists of files describing machines known to the local installation and machines known publicly. The files comprise multi-line tuples made up of attribute/value pairs of the form attr=value or sometimes just attr. Each line starting without white space starts a new tuple. Lines starting with # are comments. The file /lib/ndb/local is the root of the database. Other files are included in the database if a tuple with an attribute-value pair of attribute database and no value exists in /lib/ndb/local. Within the database tuple, each tuple with attribute file identifies a file to be included in the database. The files are searched in the order they appear. For example: database= file=/lib/ndb/common file=/lib/ndb/local file=/lib/ndb/global declares the database to be composed of the three files /lib/ndb/common, /lib/ndb/local, and /lib/ndb/global. By default, /lib/ndb/local is searched before the others. However, /lib/ndb/local may be included in the database to redefine its ordering. Within tuples, pairs on the same line bind tighter than pairs on different lines. The program ndb/cs (see ndb(8)) and the library routine ipinfo (see ndb(2)) perform searches for information relative to a particular host. Ndb/cs resolves meta-addresses of the form $attribute by returning the value from the attribute=value most closely related to the resolving host. The attribute-value pair comes from the tuple for the system, its subnet, or its network with the system tuple having precedence, subnet next, and network last. A number of attributes are meaningful to programs and thus reserved. They are: sys system name dom Internet domain name ip Internet address ether Ethernet address dk Datakit address bootf file to download for initial bootstrap ipnet Internet network name ipmask Internet network mask ipgw Internet gateway auth authentication server to be used fs file server to be used tcp a TCP service name udp a UDP service name il an IL service name port a TCP, UDP, or IL port number restricted a TCP service that can be called only by ports numbered less that 1024 proto a protocol supported by a host. The pair proto=il is needed by cs (see ndb(8)) in tuples for hosts that support the IL protocol. 9P parameters for the 9P file protocol, in particular whether the server authenticates (9P=auth). The file /lib/ndb/auth is used during authentication to decide who has the power to `speak for' other users; see auth(6). EXAMPLES
A tuple for the CPU server, spindle. sys = spindle dom=spindle.research.att.com bootf=/mips/9powerboot ip=135.104.117.32 ether=080069020677 dk=nj/astro/spindle proto=il Entries for the network mh-astro-net and its subnets. ipnet=mh-astro-net ip=135.104.0.0 ipmask=255.255.255.0 fs=bootes.research.att.com ipgw=r70.research.att.com auth=p9auth.research.att.com ipnet=unix-room ip=135.104.117.0 ipgw=135.104.117.1 ipnet=third-floor ip=135.104.51.0 ipgw=135.104.51.1 Mappings between TCP service names and port numbers. tcp=sysmon port=401 tcp=rexec port=512 restricted tcp=9fs port=564 FILES
/lib/ndb/local first database file searched /lib/ndb/global second database file searched SEE ALSO
dial(2), ndb(2), ndb(8), bootp(8), ipconfig(8), con(1) NDB(6)