Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop in bash - Direct output to two files Post 302996275 by nms on Sunday 23rd of April 2017 05:52:57 AM
Old 04-23-2017
Hi,

@Rudi C. I need to try to that to get the script much "cleaner" as am still not yet happy with the code.
In the meantime i have also tried with the arbitrary echos and all worked fine (both Corona's and MadeInGermany's)
Thanks all for the contribution guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to direct awk output to expr?

Is there any way to combine the following two statements into one? I can't figure out how to get expr to take input from the output of the awk call - I've tried piping the output of the awk call into the expr call, and tried using a 'Here' document, nothing seems to work. export CNT=`wc -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvander
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

direct output to a file then email it

Ok so i have this script and I dont know how to have the output go to a file and then email that file to someone. #!/bin/ksh print "AL" print "AM" print "AN" print "RL\n" nawk '/PROD/ {print $3, $2}' /home/user/switch_listtest | sort -k1,2 print "End of Report" Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the output of a script to a log file

Hi, I have a script to compare 2 files. file1=$1 file2=$2 num_of_records_file1=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file1` num_of_records_file2=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file2` i=1 while do sed -n "$i"p $file1 > file1_temp sed -n "$i"p $file2 > file2_temp diff file1_temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: autosys_nm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to direct scp output to a file in bash shell or script

I can run this from the command line: scp -i identfile /path/file_to_send remotelogin@remotebox:/path_to_put_it/file_to_send and I get: file_to_send 100% |***************************************************************************| 0 00:00 but if I do: scp -i identfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Help with output from a for loop

Hi, Sorry I'm new to shell scripting.. my loop is as follows: let i=0 for item in ${APPSARRAY} do #..some code to get a unique value called $result let i=i+1 done What I want to do is within the for loop, create a comma seperated list: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjwoodford
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Been working since 25+ hrs: Bash Script to rename files supposedly direct but difficult to execute

:wall::wall::wall: Hi I have horrible script below, need help in renaming ls -l output into new filename format: Desired output: cp -pv original_path/.* newDirectory/owner_of_file.%dd%mm%y.file_extension.first_8_characters_of_original_filename localuser@localuser:~ vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - Need to echo for loop output to one line

I'm trying to echo the release version of some of our Linux servers. Typically I do these types of things by "catting" a text file with the host names, "ssh-ing" to the host and running my string. This is what I've written for i in `cat versions.txt` ; do echo $i ; ssh $i cat /etc/issue |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Script to direct output

Hi, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.10 and want to direct the output from a disk space check script to an output file; #!/bin/bash CURRENT=$(df -k /log/logs | grep /log/logs | awk '{ print $5}' | sed 's/%//g') THRESHOLD=30 if ; then echo "Remaining free space is low" > output.txt else... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSKAAB
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I assign the output of a command to a variable within a loop in bash?

In the else of the main if condition . else set lnk = $(readlink -f <path> | cut -d '/' -f7) echo "$lnk" if ] When I run the above on command line , the execution seems to be fine and I get the desired output. But when I try to assign it to a variable within a loop... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
12 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)                                        Tcl Library Procedures                                        Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)