Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996154 by Corona688 on Thursday 20th of April 2017 11:10:20 AM
Old 04-20-2017
This is wrong: mount -o remount, rw /

There's a very important space which shouldn't be there.

mount -o remount,rw /

Actually, though - your mount command says that / is rw now.

What user are you logged in as when you try to edit these files?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-remount-fs.service				     SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-remount-fs.service, systemd-remount-fs - Remount root and kernel file systems SYNOPSIS
systemd-remount-fs.service /lib/systemd/systemd-remount-fs DESCRIPTION
systemd-remount-fs.service is an early boot service that applies mount options listed in fstab(5) to the root file system, the /usr file system, and the kernel API file systems. This is required so that the mount options of these file systems -- which are pre-mounted by the kernel, the initial RAM disk, container environments or system manager code -- are updated to those listed in /etc/fstab. This service ignores normal file systems and only changes the root file system (i.e. /), /usr and the virtual kernel API file systems such as /proc, /sys or /dev. This service executes no operation if /etc/fstab does not exist or lists no entries for the mentioned file systems. For a longer discussion of kernel API file systems see API File Systems[1]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), mount(8) NOTES
1. API File Systems https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/APIFileSystems systemd 237 SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)