Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent Post 302996138 by drl on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 04:28:49 PM
Old 04-19-2017
Hi.

Noting that:
Quote:
int arg
The argument may be any numeric value. The integer part of arg is determined, and then the low order bits of that integer value up to the machine word size are returned as an integer value. For reference, the number of bytes in the machine word are stored in the wordSize element of the tcl_platform array.
mathfunc manual page - Tcl Mathematical Functions

Stripping the statements down to this:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env tclsh

# @(#) tcl1     Demonstrate tclsh feature.

puts stdout ""
set version [ info tclversion ]
set message " Hello, world from tclsh ($version)"
puts stdout $message

set first 123456789110000
set next  1234

set sum [expr {$first+$next}]
puts " Sum of $first plus $next is $sum"

produces:
Code:
./tcl1

Hello, world from tclsh (8.6)
 Sum of 123456789110000 plus 1234 is 123456789111234

On a system like:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 3.16.0-4-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian 8.7 (jessie) 
tclsh 8.6

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 04-20-2017 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Correct minor typo
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory?

Hi , Could u tell me What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory? Regards Ashish Malviya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to represent euro sign in unix

how should represent euro sign "€" in Unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Representation - what is this c1t1d0s2 represent?

Hi All, Can you please advise what the 't' letters stands for? I understand the letter for the following "c1t1d0s2": c = disk Controller t = ? d = disk number ID. s = slice or partition of the disk Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr: Integer argument too large

Hi all, In KSH, I have got an error message like, "expr: Integer argument too large" I received this error message when I mutiply two large values and displaying the resultant output. Is there any other altenative way to go with too large values? Kindly let me know asap... Thanks in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting the process to edit a large file

Hi, I need to make a script to edit a file. File is a large file in below format Version: 2008120101 ;$INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/Delhi ;$INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/London $INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/New York First line in the file is version number which is in year,month,date and serial number format. Each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: makkar4u
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

TCL scripting - searching for a IP address in a string

Hi All, Can anyone please help me with the regular expression/code snippet to search for an IP address in a string with Tcl scripting. Example string "OSPF_NBRUP OSPF neighbor 16.138.181.15 (realm ospf-v2 e1-0/0/0:37.0 area 0.0.0.0) state changed from Full to Down due to KillNbr" In the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does $ represent in command prompt?

What does $ represent in command prompt? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
1 Replies
SBNC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   SBNC(1)

NAME
sbnc - an modular IRC proxy. SYNOPSIS
sbnc DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sbnc commandline parameters. sbnc is an modular IRC proxy with extension support. It gives you an easy control over about more than 2000 users. You are able to use OpenSSL encrypted connections also like connections about the IPv6 pro- tocol. sbnc comes with two modules. The bnctcl extension, which gives your IRC proxy a powerful TCL scripting support and the bncmysql extension, which stores all your users depend data in an MySQL table. BINARY PARAMETERS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Displays the help and exits. --foreground Run in the foreground instead of a daemon. --lpc Don't start child processes. FILES AND DIRECTORIES
/etc/sbnc/ Configuration files for sbnc. The most important configuration files are: /etc/sbnc/sbnc.conf /etc/sbnc/sbnc.ipc /etc/sbnc/sbnc.tcl /etc/default/sbnc Default file of shroudBNC. You can decide in this file, if shroudBNC should start on boot time. /etc/logrotate.d/sbnc Configuration for log rotating. /etc/init.d/sbnc Start and stop script of shroudBNC. /usr/lib/sbnc/ Path for all libraries of shroudBNC. Also all Tcl scripts from the sbnc-tcl extension could be found in the scripts subfolder. /var/lib/sbnc/users/ Path where all user depend data will be saved. /var/log/sbnc/ Path where the logfiles of sbnc will be saved. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Patrick Matthai <patrick.matthaei@web.de> for sbnc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or mod- ify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. SBNC(1)