Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Pool
Operating Systems Solaris Create Pool Post 302996026 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 17th of April 2017 07:13:52 PM
Old 04-17-2017
If that is what you want to do, yes you can do that. Still, is a raid5 a good performance/safety decision?
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection pool

Hi; Can someone please explain how do connections differ from threads? or a link to a good site about connection pooling and how threads are utilized by the OS. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

project vs pool vs use

hi, i am looking for a tool to see how many CPUs, controlled by FSS inside a pool, a project used over some time.... i have a 20k with several zones inside some pools. the cpu-sets/pools are configured with FSS and the zones with different shares. Inside the zones, i use projects with FSS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

zfs - migrate from pool to pool

Here are the details. cnjr-opennms>root$ zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT openpool 20.6G 46.3G 35.5K /openpool openpool/ROOT 15.4G 46.3G 18K legacy openpool/ROOT/rds 15.4G 46.3G 15.3G / openpool/ROOT/rds/var 102M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS pool question

I created a pool the other day. I created a 10 gig files just for a test, then deleted it. I proceeded to create a few files systems. But for some reason the pool shows 10% full, but the files systems are both at 1%? Both files systems share the same pool. When I ls -al the pool I just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
6 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

6. Solaris

not able to use pool

i have this pool1 on my sun4u sparc machine bash-3.00# zpool get all pool1 NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE pool1 size 292G - pool1 used 76.5K - pool1 available 292G - pool1 capacity 0% -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Do I need a pool before I can mirror my disks?

Hi! I would also like to know if I need first to create a pool before I can mirror my disks inside that pool. My first disk is c7t0d0s0 and my second disk is c7t2d0s0 as seen in the figure below. I would create a pool named rpool1 for this 2 disks. # zpool create rpool1 c7t0d0p0 c7t2d0p0 ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarlosP
18 Replies

8. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool with 3 2-way mirrors in a pool

I have a single zpool with 3 2-way mirrors ( 3 x 2 way vdevs) it has a degraded disk in mirror-2, I know I can suffer a single drive failure, but looking at this how many drive failures can this suffer before it is no good? On the face of it, I thought that I could lose a further 2 drives in each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishface
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Beadm create -p on another pool - making sense of it

Hi all, I am trying out Solaris 11.3 Realize the option of -p when using beadm that i can actually create another boot environment on another pool. root@Unicorn6:~# beadm create -p mypool solaris-1 root@Unicorn6:~# beadm list -a BE/Dataset/Snapshot Flags... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
avc_cache_stats(3)					     SELinux API documentation						avc_cache_stats(3)

NAME
avc_cache_stats, avc_av_stats, avc_sid_stats - obtain userspace SELinux AVC statistics. SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> void avc_av_stats(void); void avc_sid_stats(void); void avc_cache_stats(struct avc_cache_stats *stats); DESCRIPTION
The userspace AVC maintains two internal hash tables, one to store security ID's and one to cache access decisions. avc_av_stats and avc_sid_stats produce log messages indicating the status of the access decision and SID tables, respectively. The mes- sages contain the number of entries in the table, number of hash buckets and number of buckets used, and maximum number of entries in a single bucket. avc_cache_stats populates a structure whose fields reflect cache activity: struct avc_cache_stats { unsigned entry_lookups; unsigned entry_hits; unsigned entry_misses; unsigned entry_discards; unsigned cav_lookups; unsigned cav_hits; unsigned cav_probes; unsigned cav_misses; }; entry_lookups Number of queries made. entry_hits Number of times a decision was found in the aeref argument. entry_misses Number of times a decision was not found in the aeref argument. entry_discards Number of times a decision was not found in the aeref argument and the aeref argument was non-NULL. cav_lookups Number of cache lookups. cav_hits Number of cache hits. cav_misses Number of cache misses. cav_probes Number of entries examined while searching the cache. NOTES
When the cache is flushed as a result of a call to avc_reset or a policy change notification, the statistics returned by avc_cache_stats are reset to zero. The SID table, however, is left unchanged. When a policy change notification is received, a call to avc_av_stats is made before the cache is flushed. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_context_to_sid(3), avc_add_callback(3) selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_cache_stats(3)