Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File monitor and alert
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File monitor and alert Post 302995551 by jim mcnamara on Friday 7th of April 2017 10:33:37 AM
Old 04-07-2017
-mmin is not available for all versions of find. Also -mtime +1 means that the file is last modified more than 86400 seconds ago. Not how us humans think of yesterday.

Consider:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# ago.shl
# usage: ago.shl [number] 
#       for date [number] days ago, at midnight, last second of that day.
#       ./ago.shl 3 /path/to/myfile
#   parms $1 days in past 
#         $2 name of  file to change mtime on
ago()
{
   perl -e ' my $delta = $ARGV[0];
             $delta*=86400;
             $delta=time - $delta;   #  subtract delta from "now"
              ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) =
                                                            localtime($delta);

printf("%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d.%02d\n",
                     $year+1900, $mon+1, $mday, 23, 59, 59);
             ' $1
}

# ago 1  last second of yesterday i.e., 2017062359.59 in touch format

when=$(ago $1)
# echo "$when"
touch -t "$when" $2
exit 0

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor files in a directory and sending the alert

Hi All, We are having important config files in an directory which was accessable by all /auto/config/Testbed/>ls config1.intial config2.intial config3.inital often we find that some of the lines are missing in config files, we doubt if some one is removing. I would like to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

2. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
alert(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)