Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX and any flavor of REDhat... Post 302995427 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 5th of April 2017 03:28:19 PM
Old 04-05-2017
On AIX power systems architecture, Linux is supported and even endorsed by IBM.

IBM Power Systems running Linux

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a flavor of Unix

Hello all! I'm the new guy in these parts. I'm a part time college student/part time Java Intern. I've seen that during my days at work having a basic knowledge and understanding for Unix is a great benefit for us developers. I've got a dual boot on my main workstation at home of Win2K Pro and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Flavor to start with????

Hello Everyone! I am a newbie for Unix OS's and have just started learning the basic commands but i am getting a lot confused in flavors of unix. Which one to start with; which one will run stable on my intel box; which one has the best to explore in security/performance/high speed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mga
7 Replies

3. Solaris

good OS flavor

which is more in high demand commercial solaris or BSD THANKS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxlst14
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux flavor of tversity

I have been using UShare, but would like to get something that is more in line with tversity's functionality. Has anyone any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sport9155
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Which flavor of unix has more job opportunities?

All, I've almost 5+ yrs experience in IT sector. i've mostly work with support projects in Unix/ Linux (Shell scripting), SQL, Autosys job scheduling. Now i really felt boring with the work i'm doing currently. Hence i've decided to expertise myself in new skill set. I'm planning to learn unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

6. Fedora

Flavor of Unix

I would like to know wich Unix to get and run, because I have access to "ALL" paid and non paid versions What I would like to do is set up Cloud Computing from home so that I may gain experience in this area for my resume. I have read that the best right now is Ubuntu Server v9.10 Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmeyer
1 Replies

7. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Which flavor of UNIX or Linux to learn?

Hi all, Noob here. I have been dabbling with Linux for years, basically installing different types of distros and becoming familiar with the default gui that came along with it. At this point, I find myself wanting to learn alot more. It would be great if that knowledge helped me move forward... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Petros_K
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)